Ha. "It might be plastic... but so what..." I love it mate. I didn't mean that on fb. Just banter and I thought, well, you've clearly got a decent unit on the 97 and so thats what to compare it too.

Really like it. Bang on post you've done there especially with it being so new. I actually like the look of it too... real workhorse it would seem.

Keep us updated.

Skot. probably not... neither does a rapid in ambi, and I would chew my right arm off for an original one.

Edited by Rez
  • 2 weeks later...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't pay any attention to a magazine review dean mate, it'll be the usual "oh you must own this, it's the best rifle ever etc"   Not knocking the rifle, I'd just wait until someone who isn't

I have an 850 Hämmerli Airmagnum, and I can`t tell the difference betwen the R8 and it except it is PCP and not CO2..and the 850 is a very good gun..

Heres a newer vid with more testing hope you enjoy it .

Ha. "It might be plastic... but so what..." I love it mate. I didn't mean that on fb. Just banter and I thought, well, you've clearly got a decent unit on the 97 and so thats what to compare it too.

Really like it. Bang on post you've done there especially with it being so new. I actually like the look of it too... real workhorse it would seem.

Keep us updated.

Skot. probably not... neither does a rapid in ambi, and I would chew my right arm off for an original one.

My Old MK 2 was a Full left Hooker.

MK2.jpg

If your on about the vid i put up yes the range is nice thats the main range ,theres 2 more either side with just feild targets which i haven't tried yet .

Anyways at the range on saturday and the other members couldn't believe how quiet the R8 was with the weihrauch stumpy silencer and how accurate it was .

I found at 40 meters the rifle was very accurate with no drop at all ,but at 50 yards plus i had to go from 1 mil dot to 2 mil dots as the pressure in the tank got low.

Say when the pressure dropped to below 150 bar and when it dropped way below 100 bar 3 mil dots but still had some killing power left in it .

Remember i am shooting up hill slightly when at the range so that does have some effect on the pellets trajectory .

My conclusion on this rilfe is that this is going to be my main hunting rifle and at this price for the performance it gives i dont think it can be beaten ,well not yet .

Also when some clever so and so brings out a regulator for this fine rifle to make it even more consistant than it already is then it'll be an even bigger winner .

• Like 1

I've bought a Walther Rotex R8 ... had it a couple of weeks or so.

Couldn't be more pleased with my new purchase.

Have read some reports of doubt regards this brands new pcp, that's recently hit the market. Even read a magazine review stating the trigger guard is plastic! .. its not, its metal .. the trigger blade is a heavy duty plastic that operates very smoothly.

Very accurate, with a very impressive shot count. Solid German construction in the main .. Lothar Walther barrel and mechanism, stock, ltalian, pressure gauge BSA. All in all a pcp that in my opinion is equal to current PCP's of a greater retail cost. I'm of the opinion that Walther are subsidising the initial launch, intentionally holding an unrealistic price, especially when German labour costs are taken into consideration. "That's just my take on things" ...

Edited by hoggysreels
  • Like 1

I can see how the R8 could be priced the way it is, the mechanics are based on the Hämmerli 850 , which I own, a CO2 powered unit, so going to PCP is not a big stretch.

As a matter of fact there is a guy in the US that has been turning the 850 CO2`s into PCP versions for years with great success.. his price for the unit converted is about the same as the R8 , the stock is still the original 850 synthetic one though. His business is called "The 850 store".

Had a go with a LGU this evening and my god I can what the fuss is about. Smooth isn't even close. It's like butter. Really. Proper pro sport territory. If the LGU is oat to go by, the R8 is very highly worth a look. It would be well on my list if I was after a PCP.

.177 please.

I can see how the R8 could be priced the way it is, the mechanics are based on the Hämmerli 850 , which I own, a CO2 powered unit, so going to PCP is not a big stretch.

As a matter of fact there is a guy in the US that has been turning the 850 CO2`s into PCP versions for years with great success.. his price for the unit converted is about the same as the R8 , the stock is still the original 850 synthetic one though. His business is called "The 850 store".

Yeah that was what i was going to do ,buy an 850 magnum and turn it to HPA as looks simple enough from the vids on the net.

But then i saw that R8 was coming out and decided to get that instead which im glad i did as its an awesome rifle .

I went to the midland yesterday with the intention of coming home with one of these, there was less gun dealers up there this year first I went straight to the Walther stand but unfortunately they had theirs nicked as they were setting up, I went around the corner and they had one at £375 but their card machine wouldn't work (a statement I would hear quite a few times during the day). Down a bit further they wanted £420 and I couldn't bring myself to part with the extra.

• 2 weeks later...