????? Hunting "equipment"

Hi to all from Aussie,

Apologies if this question appears twice, I have tried several times previously without success to post it.

In a nutshell I simply want input from UK members on the ownership and use of sound moderators on rifles in the UK.

From You Tube videos I have watched, they seem to be commonly owned and used.

Is this true ?

Or, what if any restrictions apply over there ?

They are totally banned now here in Australia.

Cheers, :D

Hi to all from Aussie,

Apologies if this question appears twice, I have tried several times previously without success to post it.

In a nutshell I simply want input from UK members on the ownership and use of sound moderators on rifles in the UK.

Is this true ?

they are treated the same way as a firearm, if you can prove you have a need for one then permision for one will be granted, health and safety on hearing is enough to get approval granted

Hi to all from Aussie,

Is this true ?

they are treated the same way as a firearm, if you can prove you have a need for one then permision for one will be granted, health and safety on hearing is enough to get approval granted

Hi, and thanks for that information,

That sounds suspiciously like "common sense" :laugh:

I didn't realize common sense prevailed these days.

Ever since they were banned over here, there has been a bit of a ground swell of "LAFO's" (law abiding firearm owners) saying the same thing, as in "Health and Safety" etc.

I myself would agree to see them manufactured with Serial Numbers, like firearms, and have them registered to their owners. (especially landowners)

But, alas, I don't believe it will ever happen over here.

what was the reasoning for them being banned?, if gun control is the issue then banning something will not solve it, its the same over here i am afraid, a firearm weather held illegally or legally is used to commit some atrocity or other and the immediate response is to review and tighten the firearms legislation, pure madness, criminals and people with issues are not bothered what the law says or doesn't say, people are killed daily with knives and cars but there is never a ban on either

Hi Paulus,

Unfortunately, as I sort of said previously, Common Sense seems to be a thing of the past.

And, as with so many other LAFOs, we didn't make these knee jerk laws, but we are forced to abide by them.

In our world of so called "free speech" some of us are even frowned upon for mentioning the word silen#*r. :censored:

I used to use one many years ago when nobody seemed to care about them. (I'm not even sure when they were officially banned)

The one I used to have, I bought from a local sports store.

It was invaluable for the destruction of rabbits, that I was being paid to do by the landowners.

It simply made the job so much easier, quicker, and more successful.

And, in the years (of my youth when I had it) I never did anything wrong, or caused anybody any harm.

Again, as I have indicated previously, many of the "do gooders" "greenies", and "paranoids" seem to believe that allowing people to own one will automatically turn them into crazed criminals.

I just wish we could go back to the good old days.

Fifty years ago my eldest brother was looking to buy his first motor vehicle, and decided that if he sold his rifles that was a start towards financing a vehicle.

So the next day he shouldered both his .303 and his .22 rifle, caught a tram into the center of Melbourne, and then proceeded to walk several blocks to a sports store where he sold them.

Not once was he stopped, or asked any questions, and nobody panicked and ran to call police.

It was just accepted back then Sigh,

Cheers to all

They were originally restricted over here as well, for no good reason. I suspect they thought only hitmen needed them.

All you have to do nowadays is say the words "hearing protection" and you will have a slot added for a moderator. In fact most FEO`s will now add it unless you specify you don`t want one.

It`s the first thing they ask me when I add a calibre.

Hi Paulus,

Unfortunately, as I sort of said previously, Common Sense seems to be a thing of the past.

And, as with so many other LAFOs, we didn't make these knee jerk laws, but we are forced to abide by them.

In our world of so called "free speech" some of us are even frowned upon for mentioning the word silen#*r. :censored:

I used to use one many years ago when nobody seemed to care about them. (I'm not even sure when they were officially banned)

The one I used to have, I bought from a local sports store.

It was invaluable for the destruction of rabbits, that I was being paid to do by the landowners.

It simply made the job so much easier, quicker, and more successful.

And, in the years (of my youth when I had it) I never did anything wrong, or caused anybody any harm.

Again, as I have indicated previously, many of the "do gooders" "greenies", and "paranoids" seem to believe that allowing people to own one will automatically turn them into crazed criminals.

I just wish we could go back to the good old days.

Fifty years ago my eldest brother was looking to buy his first motor vehicle, and decided that if he sold his rifles that was a start towards financing a vehicle.

So the next day he shouldered both his .303 and his .22 rifle, caught a tram into the center of Melbourne, and then proceeded to walk several blocks to a sports store where he sold them.

Not once was he stopped, or asked any questions, and nobody panicked and ran to call police.

It was just accepted back then Sigh,

Cheers to all

unfortunately common sense is no longer common a 22 rimmy moderated and using subsonic expanding ammo is the ultimate small vermin tool, but the truly bizarre thing is a moderator or even a gun can not harm anyone without human input but they still legislate against inanimate objects not the human :icon_eek:

They were originally restricted over here as well, for no good reason. I suspect they thought only hitmen needed them.

All you have to do nowadays is say the words "hearing protection" and you will have a slot added for a moderator. In fact most FEO`s will now add it unless you specify you don`t want one.

It`s the first thing they ask me when I add a calibre.

Hi Rake aboot,

I'm only guessing here, but looking at your flag, Is that Sweden ?????

I'm largely uneducated when it comes to overseas flags.

Cheers :D