Sign in to follow this  
will777

Gutting Rabbit in the field?

Guest crobinc840

I found a great video on doing it the squeeze and shake way, I'm going to give it a go. :victory:

I found a great video on doing it the squeeze and shake way, I'm going to give it a go. :victory:

Thats amazing I am going to have to give it a go

My favourite "quick" method is to hold the rabbit by the shoulders belly outwards and with a stanley knife with the blade 1/3 of the way out just slash it from ribs to arse then hook them out like in the chef video.

will have to give this ago

Guest crobinc840

I tried it but couldn't get the stomach to move down because I didn't start high enough will try again next time. :thumbs:

I gave it a go on sunday and couldn't get the swing right to pop em out so I did it another way I saw on the forums a while back where you just keep squeezing the guts towards it arse, they flew out round its thigh somewhere but job done, not the quickest way but was quite mess free and it will come in handy one of the many times you forget the knife.

i have a dvd of the out the arse way,i tryed it and couldnt get the hang of it,dont use a straight blade when you open them up,use a hook blade,and also do them warm and they dont smell! much :whistling:

Guest crobinc840

This is a video on the squeeze method without shaking it :thumbs:

Got to love the hicks :tongue2: They call it pop gutting, I'd call it poop gutting myself :sick: