After picking the blackberries this afternoon I decided to make some jam out of some of them. It really is a super easy recipe and only takes less than half an hour, and the jam tastes out of this world.

Recipe

700g Blackberries.

1Kilo of jam sugar.

Place the blackberries in a microwave proof bowl and cook on high for 7 minutes. Take the bowl out of the micro and roughly mash the fruit. Add the kilo of jam sugar and stir it in, put the bowl back in the micro and cook on high for a further 14 minutes, test for set and put in jars. You will get three jars out of the measurements.

So simple even I could do it.

Jam002_zps20f6db1e.jpg

TC

• Like 11

That's handy Tiercel but blackberries must be very early over your way.

I've seen a few but would struggle to pick 700 grams.

There is one patch that is always early, 100 yards away they are still green, I picked just over a kilo in less than 20 minutes yesterday. and there were still plenty left.

008_zpsd5b99822.jpg

TC

• 3 weeks later...

Canny beat doing it in the pot. How did these set? I've got a bread maker that says it makes jam. What it actually makes is runny shit that tastes a bit like jam.

Canny beat doing it in the pot. How did these set? I've got a bread maker that says it makes jam. What it actually makes is runny shit that tastes a bit like jam.

Judge for yourself.

Jam1001_zps83d2e7ef.jpg

Jam1002_zpse48ff971.jpg

Jam1003_zpsdb9084f2.jpg

The wife opened that this morning.

TC

Judge for yourself.

Jam1001_zps83d2e7ef.jpg

Jam1002_zpse48ff971.jpg

Jam1003_zpsdb9084f2.jpg

The wife opened that this morning.

TC

Looks good that mate. Canny beat picking your own fruit and making your own jam. Tastes that bit nicer..?

• 2 weeks later...

i made some in a pot other day and was delighted to see it set because i failed a couple of times last year. if u ask me the key for blackberry jam is using jam sugar it easy then. anyone any suggestions what i could add to blackberrys to make something a little different. i moved house last week and have never seen as many or berrys as big as the ones around here :)

To be honest after reading your way to make jam i think your "going round scarborough to get to whitby" Your microwaved version is more complicated than the normal way to make jam tbh.

Sorry trappa, I must have missed your post on how to make traditional jam from blackberries. Could you post it again please?

TC