Police Call To My House After Shooting In My Garden.

here's what to do!

on a A4 piece of paper,at the top write MIRROR! then on the paper,paint a picture of a arsehole.

and post it through his box :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

there is always a minority who spoil it for the majority.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have just had one almighty blazing row with a neighbour who took it upon himself to call the police after I was shooting in my garden. I have to declare, I am very fortunate to have an acre of lawns

I think I once shot at the church bell where I used to live as a youngster 4sight. And I don't recall anyone getting into a blue fit over it. I've posted before about my memories of my dad and the sho

I can remember when we used to shoot at the church bell. No-one took any notice. Those were the days

Although a complete ball-ache for you, it really was a bloody good read for me (and I'd bet plenty more).

Maybe your problem lies in the place you live, not rural enough to understand why people shoot and not urban enough to live under the gun and give a shit. You must live in that 'new money' business belt, that spend so much time trying to better themselves, they loose any sense of reason or understanding, apart from stocks and shares and BMW's.... We are ALL in danger of them Colin's..!!

;)

Anyone who's been around shooting for any length of time has probably experienced similar. If it's not in the back garden it's on your perm. I've had mp5's pointed at me on a couple of occasions, nothing concentrates the mind quite like it. As the shooter, their seems to be an immediate assumption of guilt, that you must be doing something wrong.

That said, I like to think I'm pretty liberal in my outlook, and I'd say it's far more likely to be a Sun or Mai, reader that's doing the reporting on the grounds that their particular rag says "guns am bad" and everything written in the papers must, by definition, be true. What's required is more independant thought.

Also Simon, not sure what immigrants have to do with anything old chap.

• Like 1

Disappointing that your neighbour felt this way. Sadly ignorance and a perception influenced by a very unbalanced media tarnish all shooters as gangsters and terrorists.

I have often found that engagement and kindness often have the opposite effect and actually build better relationships and trust. Even if he is an arxxhole, maybe one solution would be to invite him over to have a go! Worst case, at least he'll see you are a nice guy and have made every precaution for safety and abide by the law. Best case, he loves it, realises the error of his judgement and joins in the fun! Either way, cant hurt.

With regard to the Police on my perms, I always call 101 first and get an incident ref. Not had a problem so far, even when carrying the rifle and quarry back to my car along the street. Loads of passing cars and the odd pedestrian have seen me head to toe in camo with a rifle but I've never had a problem.

The local Police are great when I call them first to let them know who I am and what I'm doing. I always call when I'm finished too to close off the incident. One of the lads there lives nearby the perm so I told him to come down if he see's my car and I'll give him some shooting lessons!

Tim

There will always be dick heads like your neighbour who feel it is their duty to spoil other peoples fun, especially if that "fun" does not fit in with their fluffy liberal view of the world, he probably displays his outrage that a member of the public be allowed to own "firearms" and use them on his own land, while sitting round eating a nut roast with his Guardian reading friends

I have quite liberal views and I read Guardian every day. Still, I enjoy shooting and hunting.

Perhaps it is YOU who try to pigeon-hole people so they fit into your view of the world?

Edited by MarcFloyd

Colin should live next door to me, he could have a look over and see standing outside me trailer firing a 12g in my pants at 5.30am :laugh:

I would say "morning Col, I got the b***%*d."

You need a strongly worded reminder on gun safety. Storing guns inside undergarments is risky at best! Firing them in such a location is highly unadvisable! :D :D :D

You've got more to lose than Colin if you piss him off, your guns etc.

I had the police visit me once when one of the neighbours reported me for shootin a squirrel which was living in my loft, I got it at the eves.

The copper was ok when i explained things, but wouldn't tell me which neighbour it was, good job really because when I calmed down I realised the do gooder wasn't worth it.

Look on the brightside, at least your name isn't Colin!

• Like 1

Simon, I feel your pain and have to suffer 'Johnny Do Gooder's' as a weekly occurrence. Only two weeks ago, I was shooting clays at a local ground with a friend, utterly no one else there apart from one guy who you could spot a mile off as 'one of those', you know the sort, Team Berretta waistcoat and cap, orange tinted wrap arounds, chinos and velcro shoes, changing his chokes at every stand. I'm sure you know the sort I mean!

He comes running over and starts ranting on about safety and how he cant see how I am safe and how he is concerned about other people and how by having a friend load for me, (it looks safer than me doing it on my own as I do in the field!), I was bringing the broken barrels too far back in to the cage, etc etc. I listened to the gas escape for about 5 minutes thanked him for his point of view and carried on as was. point being though that by ranting off at me, he had caught the notice of the manager, a guy there to give a lesson and the guy having a lesson. If I had told him to go !£$k himself, I could have rightly been kicked of, but instead, the owner took him to one side and suggest he leave for the day and consider his manners on his next trip.

Hopefully, like Colin, he'll check his facts before nosing in again, but why we have to deal with these people is beyond me! Round 'em up, ship them to an island and watch them perish in their righteous filled nirvana!

Edited by silentshot1

There was a post on here some time ago about a clown called "fengshou yin" on YouTube, shooting dangerously in his yard, including song birds. Multiple vids of scary activity. The idoit even posted a pic of his face and the name of his gun dealer.

I called Greater Manchester police and was told it it would be reported to the wildlife officer - heard nothing since !

what did you call the police for?

so if you saw a shooter, shooting protected birds you wouldn't ?

• Like 1

aye up pianoman

come and live near me in gods country I am lucky that my neighbours also are into shooting , I rent a large paddock out the back of my house which backs onto farm land , I could break out the 12 gauge and clay trap if I wanted and start banging away and my neighbours would probably come and join in.

shergar

• Like 1