• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looks lonely,best you get another one to keep it company ,well done and welcome back

Another coat, joints caulked. Nearly done.  

Posted Images

Wouldnt of thought its the best time of year to be aquiring birds Tuffty i made that mistake myself last year from sheer impatience so i know its not easy :D

Taz off here was good enough to give me a handful of Goldies but i didnt have any success breeding them......i,ll be giving it my all next year so hopefully be a few here for you if your still in need.......us Eastenders gotta stick together ;)

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1

It's quite infectious this bird keeping I've been keeping them off and on for nearly forty years I've got at the moment a few borders and one or two pairs of British . I'm gonna have a bit of a clear out come October especially the canaries and concentrate on the British next year.

• Like 2

Hi Tuffty it's a great hobby I've had a bad season this year partly my fault I converted the old canary shed into indoor flights for British this wasn't completed until late march so the birds didn't really settle in properly I've had young uns hatch from two pairs of bullies but they threw them out at ringing stage just before I could ring them . Coupled with hot weather for lengthy periods who knows will try again next year hopefully they will be wintered there in the same flights and go down properly .

no need for that gnasher, theres no north south divide in the bird world, I want some free goldies :laugh::thumbs:

Just a figure of speech mate.......when it comes to hobbys im not driven by the dollar so happy to share any birds surplus to requirements amongst my fellow fancier :thumbs:

Hi Tuffty it's a great hobby I've had a bad season this year partly my fault I converted the old canary shed into indoor flights for British this wasn't completed until late march so the birds didn't really settle in properly I've had young uns hatch from two pairs of bullies but they threw them out at ringing stage just before I could ring them . Coupled with hot weather for lengthy periods who knows will try again next year hopefully they will be wintered there in the same flights and go down properly .

Hello rob, yes it is a great hobby indeed.

lots if birdmen have had trouble one way or another with the British this now gone season.

Its all about what you have learnt thus season.

Take it into next season.

Every season is different

Bringing different things that we have now learnt by.

The ole saying goes your never to old to learn.

TUFFTY

• Like 2