After reading some bad press about the Nav I'll 99% sure be moving it on sometime in the new year. there's a few Pickups on the market these days but which one ticks all the box's? when I did my homework a couple of years back the Navara seemed to come tops in fuel consumption plus it had a bit more power to it but is this still the case :hmm:.

Its won't be a new one by the way, hopefully around 2002/2005 model....

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L200 Jasper,

Anyone who has had a Mitsubishi will tell you that, including yourself mate :doh:

my navara on sale soon had new ford ranger thunder on demo big improvement on last model quieter better trim and more solid feel

L200 Jasper,

Anyone who has had a Mitsubishi will tell you that, including yourself mate :doh:

Big problem though old mate for me is they're pretty thirsty! second they don't have a timeing chain just a rubber drive belt :thumbdown:. There's a site for Pajero's I was on where alot of these belts was snapping on the 2.5 engines which I would guess is near on the same engine in the L200 :o, this is the reason I got the 2.8 cause it was chain driven :yes:....

my navara on sale soon had new ford ranger thunder on demo big improvement on last model quieter better trim and more solid feel

Now there's a motor I keep hearing good things about latley!! The Ford Ranger :hmm:...

Anyone got any info on the models from 2002 - 2005?

bought a ford ranger 4 months ago mate..only 1999 on a V

very good pickup nice drive 32mpg on a run....truckman top on so bag the dogs stright in the back so no mess or smell in the cab :thumbs:

i like the new rangers say on 2003-2006 thunder with leather in them :thumbs: top of the range at good price 2

Edited by pluckers son
bought a ford ranger 4 months ago mate..only 1999 on a V

very good pickup nice drive 32mpg on a run....truckman top on so bag the dogs stright in the back so no mess or smell in the cab :thumbs:

i like the new rangers say on 2003-2006 thunder with leather in them :thumbs: top of the range at good price 2

Nice one mate :thumbs:. I love this Navara but there has been alot fo scare stories about latley so I'll be jacking her in for a different Pick Up! are the Ranger Belt or Chain driven?

mazda, barracuda 2.5 td i brought it few months ago had no problem with it hunting. goes everywhere i want to, probably one of the best 4x4 on the road at the mo. much better than the L200. thats my opinion anyway

Just looked them up on the net Ferretman22 and I must admit they read well and look pretty good.....

mazda, barracuda 2.5 td i brought it few months ago had no problem with it hunting. goes everywhere i want to, probably one of the best 4x4 on the road at the mo. much better than the L200. thats my opinion anyway

Just looked them up on the net Ferretman22 and I must admit they read well and look pretty good.....

The original Ranger and Barracuda same pickup both made in same factory ...The 2006/2007 barracuda new shape has different engine in Asia 3.litre diesel and outperforms fords duratec and navara...and hilux 3.litre lump in both power and mph

Its funny how I keep hearing alot of critisim about the Navara but this car has been kicking the arse of the other oposition in the rateings for a fair while now :whistling:.

One thing is definitley has is more Grunt right through to the top, the other fuel consumption and a good few other things. I spent a fair bit of time comparing them all last night and have reached the conclusion a newer Navara is probably the way to go.

Found this on youtube of a L200 vs Navara :thumbs:...