• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Calm down lads it was only a question that turned into a bit of a giggle think some people in here are a bit hot headed fair doo`s if somethings sounded a bit dodgy but for feck sake what harm has it done really :whistling:

ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE BUT I WOULDNT RECOMEND IT, I SAW ONE SHOT WITH MY MATES .177 ABOUT 30 YARDS AND THE SLUG WENT RIGHT THROW HIS HEART MINE YOU ITS ONE HELL OF A CUSTOMISED .177 FAC RATED 50 FT POUNDS IT WILL GO RIGHT THROW A 45 GAL DRUM AT 50 YARDS AND IT HAS TO HAVE SPECIAL PELLETS AS NORMAL ONES JUST BREAK UP

Shooting a fox with a sub 12ft lb air rifle, regardless of calibre is in MY OWN OPINION something not worth even trying. be honest with yourselves, how many have had experiance when shooting rabbits of one getting hit and legging it off? be honest now.

BESIDES.....Vulpes vulpes is not on the official list of air gun quarrey for the UK. as such you would in fact be in direct contradiction of laws such as The Animal Cruelty act, The countryside and wildlife act and as such be liable to a heavy fine as well as possible jail time.

As a shooting man myself, i feel it shows a real lack of respect for our wildlife and the animals themselves to even contemplate shooting a fox with such a small round as those used by air rifles. I KNOW IM NOW GOING TO GET SOME ON HERE GIVING ME SOME STICK, AND TELLING WONDEROUS STORYS OF DROPPING FOXES WITH AN AIR RIFLE, ......... GOOD ON YOU, YOU CARRY ON AND SEE WHERE IT LEADS THE SPORT OF SHOOTING IN THE NOT SO DISTANT FUTURE.

OK the first post asked a question, well done for asking first shooting later. but please who ever you are ,novice or experianced gun. IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT FOXES DO IT WITH A CALIBRE THAT IS DESIGNED FOR THE JOB, A CALIBRE THAT WITH THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF MARKSMANSHIP WILL GIVE YOU A CLEAN KILL EACH AND EVERY TIME A SHOT IS TAKEN. RATHER THAN TAKING A SHOT AND HOPING FOR THE LUCKY SPOT TO BE FOUND.

a pest as they may be, the fox, as does any animal should be dealt a swift death.

If you can't shoot them with your 177 you could always knock up a few snares out of old bailer twine!

When it comes to killing animals use the right tool for the right job, one that ALWAYS works, not SOMETIMES!

Crow

Edited to add: And why is this in the classifieds :blink:

Edited by Crow

This post and a few other posts on this section just shows how many people do not know what they should and should not be shooting with an air rifle. I know its been said before but it obviously needs to be said again. In these times of political correctness where all fieldsports are being frowned on by certain policy makers we have to show ourselves as whiter than white and posts like these do us no favours. Remember they will always take the bad press and blow it all out of proportion to make it look 10 times worse!!