i don't want to get into any discussions about whether dry food or BARF diets are best as i dont have the facility to feed barf and i need to feed complete dry food.

but i would like to know what dry food you are using. i have a 3/4 grey / collie that don't seem to put much weight on. he's only a year old. he gets out twice a day walking and running free and i won't be working him till september. i'm feeding skinners field and trial working 23 and wondering whether its just a little too rich for him in the summer. any thoughts ??

thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fish fingers

ive a big family so lots of kitchen scraps. and orlando my dogs are in fine niick and are generally long lived. my family have allways fed the dogs on table scraps. for generations. most live till la

Vitalin....came out like it went in

Posted Images

I feed mine Nutrix super premium complete when I feed dry. It is made in UK from human grade food ( according to the advert ) . The dog loves it and his craps are solid and don't stink the garden out like happens with the cheaper stuff.

They have their own website nutrixpetfoods.co.UK .

I tend to feed more raw food after getting advice from some on the forum but have no problems feeding this dry food.

• Like 1

i don't want to get into any discussions about whether dry food or BARF diets are best as i dont have the facility to feed barf and i need to feed complete dry food.

but i would like to know what dry food you are using. i have a 3/4 grey / collie that don't seem to put much weight on. he's only a year old. he gets out twice a day walking and running free and i won't be working him till september. i'm feeding skinners field and trial working 23 and wondering whether its just a little too rich for him in the summer. any thoughts ??

thanks

What do you mean "don't have the facility to feed barf" ? All you need is a freezer or a local butcher that can supply daily. Barf is far better than any complete food.

• Like 1

i've heard good things about skinners ,never used it,i feed raw now,but just put then on a lower protein one of the same brand.

but as long as their piss aint strong and their coat is ok don't see any harm

I feed raw but when using the high protein greyhound feeds such as red mills and gain I found after a nights lamping the dogs were like toast racks , probably due to the fact a greyhound runs explosively for 30 seconds , that's it , a lurcher is running that run after run , my dogs seem to hold their condition better on raw .

• Like 1

As already been said, you will not find BETTER than ORIJEN.

They do a fish or white meat and also a red meat which I sometimes us.

It perfect with some a little raw meat for puppy's. .

Try googling it and look at the ingredients and see for yourself.

• Like 1