For All The Fighters / Martial Artists .......

:laugh: Great stuff i love reading ol Trimmys posts i never have a clue what he,s on about but its still fun to read him talk about Bob Jeff and Mary walking into the chippy like we should all know who these people are ..... Even on the internet theres folk you just take an instant dislike to but this guys growing on me :D

When you read it, imagine in your head The Trimster reading it out loud in his accent (assumed). You might not understand it, but its even funnier. No disrepect meant, Mr Timster, I kind of get your jist most times.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a cl

Nah......me either !

I'm currently studying WILF CANT DO   It's a bastardised form of Morris dancing mixed with a few battle crys brought over with the Normans   Entry to this elite secret martial art can only be ac

Posted Images

:laugh: Great stuff i love reading ol Trimmys posts i never have a clue what he,s on about but its still fun to read him talk about Bob Jeff and Mary walking into the chippy like we should all know who these people are ..... Even on the internet theres folk you just take an instant dislike to but this guys growing on me :D

When you read it, imagine in your head The Trimster reading it out loud in his accent (assumed). You might not understand it, but its even funnier. No disrepect meant, Mr Timster, I kind of get your jist most times.

No worries Waz...time for singsong me thinks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGzF9ScSRiA

That's cause it dont matter who they are...Mancs have a saying when someone asks them a non relevant question 'bla bla the cat sat on the matt', they soon learnt to listen, if they dont someone tells em to fone the fire brigade.

:laugh::laugh: Please more ........come on do another one :laugh:

You'll have to beg a bit louder Len i can't hear ya......

I think you heard me just fine punchy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYDF666wtrc

You sound like some of the wing chun people I've trained with,always lots of nice stories and theories to do with lines of attack etc

but then run at you flailing their arms like angry chickens.

we call them chunners at my gym,I still don't buy that of all these old chinese men with their ancient and unbeatable techniques not a single one will go and test it in a no holds barred fight.

I'm sure one of the gracies would happily take up the challenge,as well as thousands of mma and tudo fighters.

I'm not to here to promote wing chun , i thinks the socks kid mentioned something about it being more about attack than defence (and never seemed to answer me question on it)....from what you're saying it sounds like he's been put on a bum steer much like your flailing arm students, you've kinda answered you're earlier question to me ^ there.

Not everybody is old in china you know and fighters do go there.....i'm sure if MR Gracie got caught in china shagging one of thier kids then he'd find out pretty pronto what works and does'nt, you'll know about lines and theories when it get rounds to the butterflies.....wing chun is about not having it.

Genuine question, has anyone ever seen a Kung fu dude genuinely knock the living f**k out of just a bog standard rough old boy?.........maybe I have lived a sheltered life but some of the roughest fuckers I have ever met never did a days training at anything, they just didn't give a f**k?

I genuinely like the idea of dedicating yourself to something, forget the fighting bit, it's the sense of personal pride in dedicating to something that I think is the best.

You sound like some of the wing chun people I've trained with,always lots of nice stories and theories to do with lines of attack etc

but then run at you flailing their arms like angry chickens.

we call them chunners at my gym,I still don't buy that of all these old chinese men with their ancient and unbeatable techniques not a single one will go and test it in a no holds barred fight.

I'm sure one of the gracies would happily take up the challenge,as well as thousands of mma and tudo fighters.

I'm not to here to promote wing chun , i thinks the socks kid mentioned something about it being more about attack than defence (and never seemed to answer me question on it)....from what you're saying it sounds like he's been put on a bum steer much like your flailing arm students, you've kinda answered you're earlier question to me ^ there.

Not everybody is old in china you know and fighters do go there.....i'm sure if MR Gracie got caught in china shagging one of thier kids then he'd find out pretty pronto what works and does'nt, you'll know about lines and theories when it get rounds to the butterflies.....wing chun is about not having it.

If you spoke in a normal language we all understood then maybe I could answer whatever the fukc your asking me ... Oh and thanks for the compliment .. I am proud of my boyish looks :D ...........

• Like 1

which bit did'nt ya understand...

socks, on 26 Jul 2014 - 5:42 PM, said:snapback.png

That's the point I have been making as Bruce preached the economy of motion ... Why try and kick somebody in the head when you can disable him by kicking him in the groin and when he is bent over then kick him in the head if you want to ... Krav looks very similar with fancy film moves and direct simple contact points ........

Mr. Lee and his after-market audio add-ons did'nt invent that thinking, though undeniably he did preach it in parallel with his own pr machine. You said earlier wing chun is set-up for attack in favour of defence...a seeking hand can look flowery when not coupled with a grunt but is it flowery, is it defence or attack or both at once cause if it's both at once it may have an edge in a game of economys.

you can't compare styles really,…i don't rate most eastern martial arts, coz there taught by some twat thats never had a fight in his life, giving out f***ing black belts to teenagers,…its sad…a guy in shape, that is FULLY committed and highly motivated with one year of boxing or thai boxing will win 99 times out of a hundred against a guy thats been training in karate or some other Mc Dojo bullshit for twenty years but never been smacked in the face…people who say they can have a fight, usually don't do well when faced with a wildy aggressive guy who dosnt give a f**k if your a 1st Dan, a 2nd Dan, or Desperate Dan,…Geoff Thompson said that, and he nailed it,….style is not as important as the guy using it.

• Like 1

So if an internal martial master like the one who you know entered a no holds barred,all in vale tudo fight against a very good jitsu lad how would it go?

I'm not saying jujitsu,boxing etc are the be all and end all,btw or that internal arts have no value.

Psst Neems....are dummys used by these chunner people?..folk useing a dummy usually self correct forme and with the tool being much harder than them they soon learn to stop swinging and nature dictates they'll have to think about what thier doing...even a flailing chicken impersonator would need to watched if they'd calcumated thier arm bones akin the thai lot. Forme is only a little word but the practicalities are massive...walk round a weight lifting gym and it easy to see what people will be unable to do because of initial bad form and the hurry-up to acheive results.

Thinking...about what you're doing is another that sounds minimalistic, i like the word imagination, all the great boxers had an imagination...at least in the ring, Leonard was beating Hearns to the jab whilst he was a 6ft 2 welter...how so?..'imagination'...Clay fannied with his gaurd down and then nicked a small combo when he'd seen the opening...he could skip and put the little skipping pattern to good use because of his imagination. We always skipped...the chunners who get sparked very early have no inclin in how to approach from long range to closer quarter, that's the very point they fail at, Transition. Transition is another word that is soon forgot about, i asked me endurance oppo how he'd gone on in a triathlon recently, he had'nt faired well, probably in the top 5 in the country at any one of the disciplines but not the top 150 when coupled together, he dont like the transition (the flapping hurrys the heart beat-drains the power).

Are thier any places in the british isles that specifically train for elbow to the temples, thier all at it abroad, from being small...think in the middle 80's 1 a month was going dead....you seen the europeans throw it ..it kinda looks pathetic dont it...flailing chickenesque

Edited by oneredtrim

Genuine question, has anyone ever seen a Kung fu dude genuinely knock the living f**k out of just a bog standard rough old boy?.........maybe I have lived a sheltered life but some of the roughest fuckers I have ever met never did a days training at anything, they just didn't give a f**k?

I genuinely like the idea of dedicating yourself to something, forget the fighting bit, it's the sense of personal pride in dedicating to something that I think is the best.

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a club who no longer trained at all...........anyone whos spent time regularly having to draw hands for any reason knows the score,people for generations have been coming out with new killer ideas and techniques the reality is a fit strong aggressive rugged guy who can give and absorb punishment who has a good basic understanding of athletic movement is going to power through virtually anything these " arts " have to offer.

To me these martial arts are probably a whole lot of fun just as long as you dont get all brainwashed into thinking you can use them in a fight with a man who is not playing by the same rules you are.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 5

The only time ive ever even seen somebody march on with all that kung fu crap he was totally overwhelmed in short order by a very well known local chap of the day standing in a dickie bow outside a club who no longer trained at all...........anyone whos spent time regularly having to draw hands for any reason knows the score,people for generations have been coming out with new killer ideas and techniques the reality is a fit strong aggressive rugged guy who can give and absorb punishment who has a good basic understanding of athletic movement is going to power through virtually anything these " arts " have to offer.

To me these martial arts are probably a whole lot of fun just as long as you dont get all brainwashed into thinking you can use them in a fight with a man who is not playing by the same rules you are.

very true gnash +wilf , were I was born+bred W-ton , they were few blokes who had bad reputations by me, not because they hard ,tough .But because these fookers would put a knife in you or wrap a bass ball bat into your head, when your not looking . :yes: prob if you went to have knock with them, no weapon's , just feet+fists on a field they would shit there selves :yes: there always somebody out there who will do you good proper , that don't need to be good fighter they let there knife ,gun, bat, do the talking fact .!!

• Like 1

I read that twice redtrim,is the answer in there somewhere and I've missed it?

Thai boxers and silat people train for elbow to the temple,probably a lot more besides.

I'll have one last go,what would happen if an internal martial arts man like the one you know fought a good jujitsu lad all in,i.e no rules no rounds?