Long Net

haymin

In away to do a bit of rabbiting for a lady that's got horses , feild holes with about 7 warens . Never done it before with a long net , I want to make an impact first day there , my question is if I put a long net round the warren do I leave one dog in the perimeter and one dog out or what's the best thing to do ??

:laugh:It is gonna be hot fellah,..but ya gotta do,.what ya gotta do,..so go for it..

For small 'field warrens' , you might not require lurchers, in fact,.two dogs might be too much...

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

I have always worked on the principle of placing a net to intercept the rabbits when they are heading for their next place of saftey. In other words you have to guess where the rabbits are going to bolt to and place the net between there and where you are working.

If you have never worked the place before, guessing is just a lottery so it may pay to be belts and bracers and surround the warren.

TC

• Like 1

Used the net around the first two warrens , but got fecked off with it to much bather did the rest with out dogs and ferrets did well but it was very hot for them ended up with 17, not be using the net again . Might cut it down and make some stop nets ?. @ Paul lol just got a plastic boot on so I'm walking about like you just now lol start physio soon ???

Used the net around the first two warrens , but got fecked off with it to much bather did the rest with out dogs and ferrets did well but it was very hot for them ended up with 17, not be using the net again . Might cut it down and make some stop nets . @ Paul lol just got a plastic boot on so I'm walking about like you just now lol start physio soon

i am still walking like Quasimodo but without the hump :laugh: :laugh: