.22-250 Ammo Prices

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dan, I am starting to cry now. I spent £33 per box of 20 for Norma. Was told by my local RFD this was extremely good ammunition, and he and his assistant in the shop use nothing but them. Could anyone tell me how much they would have to pay at their local RFD for this ammo. They are 50Gr V-max

Yes CC. I have to be honest though, I do trust the boys at my RFD. They are good bunch and the one boy kept stating that all he will shoot is Norma. I knew 22-250 cartridges were going to be a dearer but when I seen Dan mention the difference in prices, I got a bit concerned.

Oh well, I have ammunition, a scope and mounts, all I need now is a rifle (-: I hope the rifle i pick likes Norma or it's going to get a bit expensive.

What was going through my mind as well is, if I am not going to reload would i be better off going for Hornady especially if I can get them at the prices Dan has mention above. If there is another few reasons, besides the brass being good for reloading, for sticking with Norma then I dont mind paying the extra.

Well unless your punching paper on the range mate it isn't a huge deal for me as once the learning process is out the way I won't use it as much as I do with the rimfires....that said although I've got 50% of the reloading gear in I think I'm gunna just do that on the range and collect brass for the time being and test rounds.

£22 a box for 5 box's of Winchester varmint predator is what I bought.

Hi Dan, I am starting to cry now. I spent £33 per box of 20 for Norma. Was told by my local RFD this was extremely good ammunition, and he and his assistant in the shop use nothing but them. Could anyone tell me how much they would have to pay at their local RFD for this ammo. They are 50Gr V-max

Looks expensive looking at Duantsey Gun's online price list:

http://www.dauntseyguns.co.uk/downloads/AmmoPriceList.pdf

They don't have norma listed in .223 but in 243 for 58 gr, they're £26.95!

Yeh that's what I thought on monday...I think they were £28 plus at SGC roughly , at the time I was more concerned about getting decent brass in a decent amount...everyone seems to go for Norma or lapua that's why there was only a few of each left.

I think dan it'll take time to build up a good brass count and buy reloading gear in pieces and who knows you could have everything in a few months and ready to start reloading knowing to some degree what your gunna run and how things are gunna perform.

Lucky for me the cost isn't a major factor but then I'll take my time and build experience on varying distances on the range as that can only help and use my time for experimenting until the start of next year or a bit later until I put in for it to be open on the FAC and that's when things will be a little easier for me.

Maybe a stalk just before Christmas aswell for some venison sounds nice hey :)