223 Poor Grouping

So basically you have just reiterated, more or less what he has been told already, what you seem to have failed to take into account, is the fact that his scope mounts (in the words of the op) "are not sitting straight" and keep coming loose, now there may well be other factors involved, but I would venture to suggest that the above might just be having an effect on his rifle's poor grouping, no offence meant ;)

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly your rifle is capable of grouping, that can be seen in the 25 and 75 yard groups, when it shoots to point of aim it is cloverleafing, fuc*ed rifles do NOT do that, however no matter how good y

Barrel cleaning? wots that?

Hi you will be far better off getting a lower mag scope with a better build quality than looking for a fandango objective size and high mag range. There are no or very fe

Posted Images

Mounts and scope fitted, been at the field, zeroing.

Here's a pic of a 25yd group

post-91791-0-67568900-1406832971_thumb.jpg

5 shots fired with crosshairs in middle of pink dot, all good I thought - until

post-91791-0-77491000-1406833118_thumb.jpg

This was when I moved out to 75yds - still with crosshairs on same pink dot. Ignore bottom left shot.

Clearly your rifle is capable of grouping, that can be seen in the 25 and 75 yard groups, when it shoots to point of aim it is cloverleafing, fuc*ed rifles do NOT do that, however no matter how good your rifle, if the scope wont hold zero properly, it wont group, I had a scope a few years back that would do just the same thing, it grouped well for a few shots then for no apparent reason the group would open up/shift, this is what I would do, take the scope off your hmr, put it on your .223, set it up, satisfy yourself that it is the scope at fault, then bin the thing it has on now, and save up for that Nikon prostaff you fancy £145.00 for 3-9x40 or £185.00 for 3-9x50 at optics warehouse, job done, you will then have a quality scope, on a quality rifle, that will serve you well for years, no more pissing around wasting ammo on crap that wont hold zero :thumbs:

• Like 2

Have asked seller a few questions.

Would rather a x50 with more mag, current one is 6-24x50 and was showing quite good image...but...it's fecked. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Thanks

Edited by let'sshoot

Hi you will be far better off getting a lower mag scope with a better build quality than looking for a fandango objective size and high mag range. There are no or very few bargains to be had in the world of optics. Occasionally an end of line product will be reduced, but that's about it.

As an aside my mates 527 shoots 40g vmax best out of all the factory loads he has put through it.

• Like 2

Would rather a x50 with more mag, current one is 6-24x50 and was showing quite good image...but...it's fecked. Beggars can't be choosers though.

Thanks

3-9 x50 Prostaff £185 brand new at Optics Warehouse.

Thanks

What on earth do you want more magnification than 12x for? And a quality x40 will let in far more light, and be a vastly superior image to some cheapo cheapo 6-24-50 or whatever, buy it mate it is a bargain.

Edited by charlie caller