223 Poor Grouping

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly your rifle is capable of grouping, that can be seen in the 25 and 75 yard groups, when it shoots to point of aim it is cloverleafing, fuc*ed rifles do NOT do that, however no matter how good y

Barrel cleaning? wots that?

Hi you will be far better off getting a lower mag scope with a better build quality than looking for a fandango objective size and high mag range. There are no or very fe

Posted Images

No its not a fake pal, its the old style Monarch I think, the Monarch 3 are around £450.00 and have side wheel px adjustment, still a very good scope for the money, px is set at 100 yards hence your image shifting looking at a bank at 6 yards, as we have all said, get some quality factory ammo, and get it grouping @100 yards, do it on full magnification, you will find if you do it on full mag, you will prob be half inch high when you lower the mag, so spot on :thumbs: oh and I am assuming (may be wrong of course) that you are zeroing off the truck bonnet? Dont, do it laid on the ground pal, you have nearly cracked it, dont give up :thumbs:

Also mate not to teach you to suck eggs but get a box of heavier rounds as well mate...possibly 55 grain if you can as said before you will notice the difference in accuracy between the the lighter rounds and the heavier as a 1:9 twist is better suited for heavier rounds, if I'm right then you know that you'll be sticking with that specific grain weight.

Right okay!...I hope then that if you have a varied weight in the heads that you'll give yourself a chance to find a suited one through testing of the different weight range.

All being said I think you need to speak to someone in person and see if you could have a 1 to 1 with someone like another shooter or club member.

As said if you were closer I would've arranged something to try and sort it out.

Edited by celticrusader

Like I said mate I have the exact same rifle and have shot foxes between the eyes at over 250 yards, I had the same problem as you well maybe not this much hassle but it took a few boxes to find the right ammo, I was all for the heavy rounds but its shoots perfect with 40 grain vmax, just get a box and see, atb

• Like 1