223 Poor Grouping

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Clearly your rifle is capable of grouping, that can be seen in the 25 and 75 yard groups, when it shoots to point of aim it is cloverleafing, fuc*ed rifles do NOT do that, however no matter how good y

Barrel cleaning? wots that?

Hi you will be far better off getting a lower mag scope with a better build quality than looking for a fandango objective size and high mag range. There are no or very fe

Posted Images

http://spoton.nikonsportoptics.com/spoton/spoton.html#Index:4

Well when you have it sorted, have a look on here, put in your scope details, and ammunition, either factory or home loads, this will give you your aiming points on the bdc reticule, it is very good, so far with my .243 it is just about spot on, keep us posted on how things are progressing :thumbs:

It's arrived!! Lovely looking piece of kit.

I've installed it, looks the business.

But when I look through the glass at the bank that surrounds the house (considering its now on the table in the utility - looking through the window at the grassy bank).

When I move my head up/down/left/right the point of impact changes by a few inches. The grass bank is only about 5/6meters away looking through a window.

If it's all down to me, then no matter if I have a £3k scope the groups will always be all over the place.

Haven't had a chance to get to the field yet. I have just put it on and set the distance from my eye.

With it being a new scope, will the crosshair setting be set close to the center?

Thanks

Edited by let'sshoot

Don't be disheartened yet as you've yet to test it out but it is essential you have other ammunition and if you have heavier ammo and lighter ammo its a good idea to see which stabilises in your rifle more suitably as that prefurred type is what you want to stick with.

Apparently the cz527 if this is the model I recall you stated, in .223 has a 1:9 twist which would be more suitable firing heavier rounds.

Forget the homeloads you had at the moment and pick up some heavier grains ...if you can as I know unless your reloading they can be abit of a bugger to come by as my mate tells me.

Edited by celticrusader

No, only two side adjustments, top and right for crosshairs.

Was told it's a Monarch 3, although scope says just Monarch on the sides.

Am not impressed, will put pics up when I get home.

Still no impressive group, the Remington factory load is spraying all over the place. Fine, it may not like them.

Used the fmj homeloads, as these are the only two variants I have to try, grouped better with old scope.

As I said, will post pics when I can.

really interesting thread, my 243 is still not right and today i've stripped it, cleaned it absolutely thoroughly and re-assembled exactly as per the manufacturers tensions etc

bore sighted and just waiting to get the pony in to a safer area in case he goes divvy when the shot rings out.

Here are the pics I promised. I'm gutted, pi55ed off and fed up. I have thrown £300 at it and it's still no better. I know some of you will laugh in the face of £300 but I have said from the start that I am not prepared to spend loads of money on it.

post-91791-0-68849200-1408552021.jpg

post-91791-0-12188900-1408552041.jpg

post-91791-0-30606900-1408552065.jpg

post-91791-0-82113200-1408552104.jpg

It may well be that I am not suited to this rifle shooting malarky. seriously considering selling the .223 and everything I have to go with it.

Thanks

Mate that group with the home loads is not too shabby, its well within an inch prob 3/4 by the looks of it, get some Hornady or federal factory ammo, I bet you will be pleasantly surprised, 1234 are not bad at all, 5 is probably you pulling the shot, its nearly there ffs, dont get disheartened now, it does not like the Remingtons, that is plain to see, get some better ammo, and lay on the floor with a rest under the rear, I bet it groups well, it is not the rifle dude, it is a combination of ammo and you I would say, dont give up you are very nearly there, a couple of clicks left will see you grouping in the bull, also get your mate to shoot a group with it, to see how they differ, but deffo get some more ammo :thumbs:

No, only two side adjustments, top and right for crosshairs.

Was told it's a Monarch 3, although scope says just Monarch on the sides.

This is what it should look like:

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p114769-nikon-monarch-3-4-16x50-sf-rifle-scope/?gclid=CMSm5_HHosACFUXLtAodclEAWQ#.U_T06WMfKnE

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Nikon-Products/Riflescopes/MONARCH-3-2.5-10x50-Matte-BDC.html

If it doesn't then I'd complain and say you want your money back using your correspondence or order print out as evidence of the fact that it was advertised as a Monarch 3.

They can't legally refuse as it doesn't match it's description. (Sale of Goods Act 1979 as Amended). If you have any issues, contact Trading Standards in your area.

It hasn't got the number "3" below the word "Monarch" and the word "Monarch" is as I type it here, not in capitals as the pictures you show me.

It came from 'Optics Warehouse' but at a knockdown price, so I don't know if it's genuine or fake.