Police Dog Bite Victim Dies

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

see the coppers like getting the " she had cancer " and " had bad health already " bit in.   make ya sick the black feckers.

support offered to officer....jesus wept. me or you remanded in custard.

nephew got a right chewing with one after he was cuffed, bstard went up an down him like a kabab

the police dog involved has been withdrawn from operational policing. i wonder what they will do with that dog as its one of there own which has been out of control.

do you think they will pts or just completly remove it from duty?

when there was a armed robbery at a pub near here a police dog mauled its own handler :icon_eek: after shots were fired i think that was removed from duty and rehomed dont think they pts unless really have to

one rule for them another rule for us. the dog that killed the old lady should definatly be pts

• Like 1

im in no way defending whats happened because sadly a old dear has paid with her life but surely its the handlers fault and his job to asses the dogs whether there suitable for the task in hand and it should be him has well that should be removed from the dog section not just the dog i doubt they will bring charges but he must be gutted hes caused the death because if it was me i know i would be

Edited by blackmaggie

Thing is dogs don't know the good guys from the bad guys they just go for whoever is in front of them when told to........ I really don't know how it got in her kitchen after she was spoken to and gave permission to search the garden......... Its an almighty f**k up for sure and I feel for the ladies family........

I thought the idea was for the dog to act on command ...if the dog is acting on its own , which it clearly was it either wasn't trained to the required standard, wasn't handled to the required standard ...or both ..which then beggars the question how many more untrained dogs & handlers are out their ....Is there not periodical testing of these working dogs or is it a case of once its on the streets that's it . Like lots of people who work dogs know once you let them get away with something in the field its not long before you get a problem that needs addressing , has this dog been allowed to get away with to much to the point of 1st person it see's when of the lead gets bit ....If it was one of my family i'd want more than an apology. My condolences to the family ....

The first link in this thread from the BBC gives a differnt story to the article I read from the BBC this evening.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Police+Dog+Bite+Victim+Dies&newwindow=1&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=HLjOU5KOH6qM7AalrICIAw&ved=0CCgQqAI&biw=1348&bih=633

Police dog handlers should be charged with dereliction of duty if the dog they are in charge of is out of control. And also charged under the new dog laws if the dog bites someone who was not a legitimate target.

TC

Edited by tiercel

Have seen coppers before with dogs which they didnt seem to have control over. Remember a big alsation coming running off the lead to my pals Stafford and having ago. Owner was no where to be seen and didnt fancy grabbing this alsation in a hurry. Luckily the staff managed to have the alsation turn around and just start barking type thing. No real damage done but bloke comes running around the corner and tells us his a copper. So f***ing what? Dog should be under control like everyone else. Think he knew he'd f****d up because nothing come off it. Could of been worse if was someone walking a less able breed.

Sadly humans use canines to do alot of jobs that we simply can't, what everyone seams to forget is there a "animal" that can't think & process information like us, accidents can & do happen, some with bigger repercussions than others.

But the hunting community should know how our beloved media blow a story up to please joe public & give them the gore that they seam to crave. A cross between a springer & Alsatian??? lol, I stopped reading it from there.

And before anyone gets the knickers in a twist I'm not defending anyone.

it states there again that the dog has been withdrawn from operational duties and its not clear if its been destroyed. straight away they are allready trying to cover things up.

there was a women in a town just up the road from me that got attacked by a bull mastife out on the street in the last 6 months and needed some hospitial treatment for her wounds, now that dog was PTS at the scene by OFFICERS. by all accounts it did bite the end of the gun. but no one was killed, that dog didnt have any second chances.

as i said before one rule for them and another rule for us.