Ratting With Sealyhams Dvd

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this in, so apologies if I should have put it somewhere else.

Thought I'd mention this in case anyone's interested. Got an email from Harry Parsons of the Working Sealyham Terrier Club announcing a 25 minute DVD produced by Nick Ridley of sealyhams, and other breeds, ratting. Also includes some footage of the sealyham pack hunting a river bank. Haven't seen the DVD so can't comment on it, but there's a very brief preview together with order details here - http://youtu.be/HBURKXhGiWY

Totally agree jeemes, can't see how he's saving the breed by selling pups for 900quid , best two dogs I've had we're Sealyham types bred by the lads from cork after they put a dog from Durham into their own closely bred stuff as an outcross. Both dogs were gifts the first one getting on for 20 odd years ago and the second about 12 .i approached this guy whos saving the sealyham at the midland a couple of years ago at his display of working sealyhams he said he could put me on a waiting list for one at a grand. He also showed me his iron hard digging dog which didn't have a single blemish on it after doing 3 full seasons bang at it ( his words!). I left him to it

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

i have read three articals on harrys sealyhams and in each they never caught a single rat, recently saw ratting on river taw

and again not a rat caught. i don't like them , countrymens weekly dogs. now i hear nine hundred a pup and wonder how that helps revive the breed?

please harry if your reading tell me how a grand a pup helps revive a breed, let me guess, does it keep the riff raff element away?

i was all for harrys pack, good luck to him but now i know its more about 5 grand a litter...bollocks!

yo, phil lloyd, met you at the waterloo cup...80s...you were with hosker on a market stall,i was hustling nets, coursing photos, and army gear on foot. made a fourtune...happy days... but we both got it wrong we should of been selling

fecking sealyhams!

• Like 6

I saw some of this pack this week,they were on a invite at a place i do the ratting on,i've put my opinion on what i saw on the terrier section on the "To Warm" topic,i don't know how to link it to here :icon_redface: , but it's written truth and isn't said to offend......................................... :victory:

• 2 weeks later...