Cheshire & Shropshire - General Pest Control

Looking to get me and my pal out for some pest control. Anything from ratting, to rabbits, to birds... Anything you can throw at us.

We've been attending North West Shooting School (NWSS) for about 6 months myself and just over 24 months for him.

I was previously at West Midlands Shooting Ground (WMSG) for about 2 years prior to moving to the Wirral.

We're both very confident with our marksmanship, experienced hunters and even insured with BASA and BASC!

We both own air rifles, I own ferrets and we have a personal vehicle to travel to any location we're required to work at. Both free majority of the time and flexible for morning, noon or night work.

Any help is appreciated and we don't expect payment as the favour is returned for you hiring us.

However, we would prefer if we could meet before working for you to show us what you want done and where (I.e what quarry and what fields/land you own)

Many kind regards,

White

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Looking to get me and my pal out for some pest control. Anything from ratting, to rabbits, to birds... Anything you can throw at us.

We've been attending North West Shooting School (NWSS) for about 6 months myself and just over 24 months for him.

I was previously at West Midlands Shooting Ground (WMSG) for about 2 years prior to moving to the Wirral.

We're both very confident with our marksmanship, experienced hunters and even insured with BASA and BASC!

We both own air rifles, I own ferrets and we have a personal vehicle to travel to any location we're required to work at. Both free majority of the time and flexible for morning, noon or night work.

Any help is appreciated and we don't expect payment as the favour is returned for you hiring us.

However, we would prefer if we could meet before working for you to show us what you want done and where (I.e what quarry and what fields/land you own)

Many kind regards,

White

Good luck with your request. I put a post on here asking the same and got a load of abusive 'go knocking on doors messages' I shoot at NWSS with a BSA R10 MK2 .22. Im knocking on doors here mate and if I get a permission I'll let you know.

Good luck with your request. I put a post on here asking the same and got a load of abusive 'go knocking on doors messages' I shoot at NWSS with a BSA R10 MK2 .22. Im knocking on doors here mate and if I get a permission I'll let you know.

If you have a look through this section you will find 90% plus is people asking for permission, and each and every one who posts is told somewhere along the line that this is a hunting site so no-one is going to offer it, yet still they ask. Put yourself in the position of someone who has land to shoot on, would you tell a person who has posted just a couple of times on here that they were welcome on your land? If you would you wont keep it long that I promise you.

Why not try to participate in the forums and get to know people, I've made one or two good friends over the years on here who I go out with because I've got to know them and them me and there is an element of trust between us. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Don't take this the wrong way mate but I really think you will struggle to get permission off this site as we are all in the same boat all hunters who respect our hard earned permission and I'd say 99% wouldn't take just anyone on them obviously you have been a member for a while with decent post count and to be honest if you were closer I'd be tempted to take you on a couple of my perms but not everyone thinks like that I wish you all the luck getting a permission but got a feeling you will need to take matters into your own hands and knock on every door you can belive me in the end it will pay off and you will get somewhere to look after.

Ive spent probably the last 10+ years gaining permission from various places one farm knocked me back several times so I thought im not giving in I got all the land surrounding his farm and he saw me shooting it morning noon and night even doing a lap a day in my jeep to keep a eye on goings on and sure enough one day invited me on his land ! Just need to show willing and don't give in nice one getting Insurance really helps having all the relevant paperwork when trying and come across to them in a way that your doing them a favour free of charge as this helped me . Once you get one more will follow . Wish you all the luck mate keep us updated and will keep fingers crossed

Atb

Matt

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 1

If you have a look through this section you will find 90% plus is people asking for permission, and each and every one who posts is told somewhere along the line that this is a hunting site so no-one is going to offer it, yet still they ask. Put yourself in the position of someone who has land to shoot on, would you tell a person who has posted just a couple of times on here that they were welcome on your land? If you would you wont keep it long that I promise you.

Why not try to participate in the forums and get to know people, I've made one or two good friends over the years on here who I go out with because I've got to know them and them me and there is an element of trust between us. :thumbs:

Edited by 0395kenyon

Don't take this the wrong way mate but I really think you will struggle to get permission off this site as we are all in the same boat all hunters who respect our hard earned permission and I'd say 99% wouldn't take just anyone on them obviously you have been a member for a while with decent post count and to be honest if you were closer I'd be tempted to take you on a couple of my perms but not everyone thinks like that I wish you all the luck getting a permission but got a feeling you will need to take matters into your own hands and knock on every door you can belive me in the end it will pay off and you will get somewhere to look after.

Ive spent probably the last 10+ years gaining permission from various places one farm knocked me back several times so I thought im not giving in I got all the land surrounding his farm and he saw me shooting it morning noon and night even doing a lap a day in my jeep to keep a eye on goings on and sure enough one day invited me on his land ! Just need to show willing and don't give in nice one getting Insurance really helps having all the relevant paperwork when trying and come across to them in a way that your doing them a favour free of charge as this helped me . Once you get one more will follow . Wish you all the luck mate keep us updated and will keep fingers crossed

Atb

Matt

Hi guys,

After messaging Kenyon back, he's actually an old friend on here who actually spends more time messaging people as to commenting on the forum.... Although, I do agree he should join in on the forum, no harm in it and lots of stuff to contribute to :)

I feel his pain though, as moving back to the Wirral. I found out most land to shoot on are shared out like a syndicate by a certain group. Nothing against this as it does share land out between reputable hunters but for the small man looking to start off or having the experience but needing the land to move onto, it's hard gaining land or trying to get into this syndicate.

Both in talks and hoping to work something out, so maybe that's two members off this list shortly :D

White

A very good idea for people without permissions on here, but who own a shotgun, is to join a wildfowling club, its cheap and you will get some great sport, and get to know other shooters, this is a step in the right direction, instead of coming on asking for permission.

Thanks Charlie, I have considered it as an acquaintance of mine is in to his rifles and shotguns, seems to be out most days or hell of a lot more than people I know, with their air rifles (he's also the one who alerted me about the local syndicate) but whilst I'm back and forth between county's and no permanent address, how I'd stand for getting a shotgun license and finding an address to fix a gun cabinet to, etc.

A lot to look into but it's something I have considered :thumbs:

White

• Like 1