Has anyone got a projector instead of a TV, what's the quality like and cost of these things, compared to your normal TV setup, and what kit is needed to go with them...

I noticed most of the modern TV's now are smart tv's with built in apps and stuff, but I suppose it would be nice to have a full wall setup.

Has anyone got a projector instead of a TV, what's the quality like and cost of these things, compared to your normal TV setup, and what kit is needed to go with them...

I noticed most of the modern TV's now are smart tv's with built in apps and stuff, but I suppose it would be nice to have a full wall setup.

Ive got one in my sport room :D just for when the lads come round to watch a game or fight etc......go,s right across one wall i couldnt tell you all the technical details but the picture is perfect its an Epson TW3200,cost around 1500...it claims to give hd projection up to something like 25 feet....you wouldnt want to watch every day tv on it but if you,re a sport or film nut having a bit of a home cinema set up is great......if you have it in a small room and cant get far enough away from it the noise of the fan might drive you mad..and of course the darker the room the better the picture......ive got a wall with some fancy paint called Dulux Light and Space the images just go straight onto that its a real sharp crisp picture id definately recommend them :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 1