Hw99S My New Tuning Toy ;)

Hi mate

No john didn't choke the barrel just did a target crown there was very little change in accuracy tbh

Yes I'd do a good diy strip and re lube as makes a big difference sounds daft but really does

You may find your spring has been clipped and not properly seated so you may want to do that too

As for twang mine really wasn't bad I did add a piston sleave but later removed as it was messing with the consistency

Properly lube the spring as that will dampen any twang I was properly impressed with mine

Little fiddly to strip with the little barrel blocks but a punch with a bend soon sorts them strip the trigger and polish up the sears as that helps too

Let us know how you get on

Atb

Matt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a .22 for years. in all honesty I can say, it was the best springer ive ever had. it never missed a beat. would I have it back?? would I ever. I eould some times put a full tin of pellets throug

Its basically a small 95. I had 2 few years ago both .22. Some have issues with the cocking lever galling. Will most likely be twangy aswel. Sure after a fettle it will be bang on. Just as powerful a

Just ordered one in .177 should arrive in my local rfd in 2 weeks :-) :-)

Thanks for the quick reply,

I'll be honest it's the loss of accuracy that makes me think twice. It's hard to quantify the difference!?

I'll definitely tackle a strip down and re lube. I often see people saying to Polish the sears etc... What would you use for this? sorry for the noob question.

And finally... a top hat & spring guide!!? Any worthwhile benefits (cost approx £20) .

Anyways thanks again for your time. Appreciated.

I currently have a tuned 99s in .177, polished piston de-burr, polished sears, tbt tuning kit, piston sleeve, and a proper lube, just fitted a Konceptus moderator, and its kicking out a super consistent 11.6 ftbs, and very smooth for a .177 full power springer, just a nudge in the shoulder, and very quiet, if you want to polish your sears mate get yourself a Dremmel type tool with small polishing mop, and use autosol until they are mirror polished, then a spot of grease or dri-slide ptfe, the trigger on my hw77, after working on it is the best air rifle trigger I have ever used, smooth and breaks like gass, I would go so far as to say it is better than the match trigger on my .22rf Anschutz and that was superb.

They are great little guns. I've got one in .22 but it's standard apart from the trigger. V-mach or similar is on the cards. That said, it's a fairly smooth shooter as it is. I'm well impressed for the price to be honest. I can't seem to put the thing down,lol....

Thanks for the Dremmel advice will pick one up. So Charlie did you do a barrel cut or just add the moderator? Will be doing a fair bit of garden plinking and I'm looking to add one. Not really wanting to spend £60 on a slip on silencer (I know it won't effect gun noise) but would you say it's made a worthwhile difference?

Really wanna cut it down but not sure it's worth the gamble as I'm all about accuracy. Well I need all the help I can get ?