Hw99S My New Tuning Toy ;)

Got barrel shortened re crowned and screw cut today shortened to 10.5" same as imp

the tin sleave disinterested so wouldn't advise that made a temporary one from old shotgun carts today still pondering what to use next any suggestions?

I've mirror polished the piston on machine today removed any bearing marks and run a dowle with fine sand paper down the cylinder on laith next plan is to shorten the spring and add preloads as lost some power when shortening.

Topped the barrel off with a new hw silencer too she's looking the part now.

Couple of pics

20140829_150921.jpg 20140829_194446.jpg 20140829_194452.jpg

Edited by mattybugeye

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a .22 for years. in all honesty I can say, it was the best springer ive ever had. it never missed a beat. would I have it back?? would I ever. I eould some times put a full tin of pellets throug

Its basically a small 95. I had 2 few years ago both .22. Some have issues with the cocking lever galling. Will most likely be twangy aswel. Sure after a fettle it will be bang on. Just as powerful a

Just ordered one in .177 should arrive in my local rfd in 2 weeks :-) :-)

I used plastic for my piston sleeve. The base of a packet of Sainsbury's cooked meat! It's flat, quite thick and tough. Can be moulded with a little heat. I cut some tabs on the end and bent them over, warm, to act as a retainer at the top of the piston.

Matty, I've been watching this with great interest, really interesting thanks.

I've ordered one in .22 at£205 with the idea of trying to produce something like the performance of an imp but without paying £370 may I ask roughly what it cost you all in.

Thanks again,

Jamie.

• 1 month later...

I got a mate who makes custom parts local to me to do it he did it with a load of other parts for me so paid him for all stuff together but he normally charges around 25 I think.

No if anything the shorten and target crown improved it mate

• 2 months later...

hi matt, I just bought a hw99 stippled stock version and should be here tomorrow. got it cheap as the owner says it wont cock. has v-mach kit fitted and got it for £90 so am hoping its just to much pretension as its only 20 months old so could turn out to be a bargain.

• Like 1

Hi mate yes that sounds like a right Bargin and could well be it's a fine line between perfect amount and too much literally a mm let us know how you get on bud

will do matt. first job is rip it apart and see what sort of job they did when fitting v-mach kit then good clean and lube and see how much pretension is in it. will keep you updated :thumbs: