Hw99S My New Tuning Toy ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a .22 for years. in all honesty I can say, it was the best springer ive ever had. it never missed a beat. would I have it back?? would I ever. I eould some times put a full tin of pellets throug

Its basically a small 95. I had 2 few years ago both .22. Some have issues with the cocking lever galling. Will most likely be twangy aswel. Sure after a fettle it will be bang on. Just as powerful a

Just ordered one in .177 should arrive in my local rfd in 2 weeks :-) :-)

Well put around 50 shots through it and it shoots ok little twangy and trigger heavy but not bad

After zeroing her in I managed this group it's 5 shots and looks like 3!!!

20140808_152648.jpg

not bad for a untuned out the box rifle.

It's low on power at just shy of 9 ft lbs so if any one buys one beware they little down on umf! But after tune will get it set around 11 - 11.5 whatever is smoothest.

I'm looking forward to getting it tuned up going to shorten the barrel and have 1/2" unf screw cut and fit weihrauch mod.

Delrin guide and top hat

And a trigger strip and polish and obviously full polish of all internals but imagine it will transform this little beauty I'm well chuffed

Only tried with aa field at min but will try other brands overall happy lad today best 220 quid I've spent for a while and I think it's the only gun I've ever bought as new :)

Edited by mattybugeye
  • Like 2

Well I've been on with the tune for this today I started by fully stripping it down to investigate all internals.

20140809_104244_1.jpg

I was surprised how pumped with grease they ate from factory very sticky stuff too so cleaned it all up and began messing with pre loads and made my own piston sleave from thin tin I later removed this and made one from plastic really quietend it down the guide was already delrin so made a top hat from a old spring guide I had knocking around

20140809_104247_1.jpg

20140809_105900.jpg

Trigger full of clear vaseline type thick crap

20140809_104258_1.jpg

Piston all cleaned then the top hat on spring

20140809_110227_1.jpg

20140809_110338_1.jpg

20140809_111821.jpg

Overall pretty happy shoots nice and smooth now at a stedy 10.2 was bang on 10 then after 100 shots crept up slightly.

The only thing I would say is the metal is a bit soft on the bolts / screws etc

Just had a little plink and managed this 5 shot group you can see where the pellet went in same hole 3 times making it slightly bigger unbelievable really from a boinger! !

IMG-20140809-WA0002.jpg

Still not finished with it yet just sharing my findings but won't get the power up any more on that spring the amount of pre load I fit in above pic I had to remove only managed to get 2 2 mm washers in before it wouldn't cock but if I get to 10.5 it will do me

Cheers

Matt

• Like 1

It was flattened and polished tom not a bad job either these little 99s are brilliant build quality for the price

I've made another piston sleave from tin same as the v mach ones and just fitting it now

They come with the improved cocking arm as standard now with the delrin insert instead of roller I thought that was a sfs part but aparantly not!

Looking forward to getting it shortened and screw cut and up to the range :)

It was flattened and polished tom not a bad job either these little 99s are brilliant build quality for the price

I've made another piston sleave from tin same as the v mach ones and just fitting it now

They come with the improved cocking arm as standard now with the delrin insert instead of roller I thought that was a sfs part but aparantly not!

Looking forward to getting it shortened and screw cut and up to the range :)

Cool! Count me in!

Just to add didn't leave all internals dry as always used a ptfe based silicone (couple of drops) on piston / washer and Abbey lt2 grease on main spring around half a sugar cube worth , still trigger polish to do yet

Edited by mattybugeye

Are you going to try a different spring to bring the power up a bit?

I see you managed to get those little square insets out OK, bit of a bugger, aren't they! Mine popped all over the place first time I tried. :)

I thought I'd put too many preload washers in mine because it wouldn't cock - then I realised I hadn't reased the trigger ! :yahoo:

Yea probably going to although it shoots nice at min and power seems to be creaping up.

I made a little tool to remove the squares with a old small screwdriver just bent the tip

Hmmm wondering if it was trigger now.....

I think I finally managed to stuff about 5mm in, didn't seem to make much difference so I've got it apart again, thinking of a new spring. I did try a new Titan spring (#2 for the 99) but it wouldn't fit in with the piston sleeve so I tried taking some of the diameter off and screwed it !

It's easy to forget the trigger, it just comes to a clunking stop when you try to cock, no nearly latching or sliding off.

Think I've managed about 4 mm got the power to 10.4 now it's creeping up as I shoot it more

when you say re set the trigger what do you mean as never needed to before just normally catches to piston on 1st cock?

New scope arrived today was testing it with a wonky 6x40 with new glass I'm so amazed at this little rifles accuracy brilliant gun bet .22 version smooth as silk 20140812_190817.jpg

20140812_190821.jpg

Screw cut and weihrauch mod next

Edited by mattybugeye