Hw99S My New Tuning Toy ;)

Made the mistake of calling in to Henry kranks lat week and having a look at some Springers (like you do) and handled a 99 tempted as hell but means me selling one of my guns 1st :( which makes me sad lol

Any one use one regular whats your thoughts?

Know the imp is based on one so must be good base and like to do my own fetling so just wondering how people find the standard out the box version

Will be in the .177 flavour if decide on one

Look like a modern updated 35

Cheers

Edited by mattybugeye

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a .22 for years. in all honesty I can say, it was the best springer ive ever had. it never missed a beat. would I have it back?? would I ever. I eould some times put a full tin of pellets throug

Its basically a small 95. I had 2 few years ago both .22. Some have issues with the cocking lever galling. Will most likely be twangy aswel. Sure after a fettle it will be bang on. Just as powerful a

Just ordered one in .177 should arrive in my local rfd in 2 weeks :-) :-)

I had a .22 for years. in all honesty I can say, it was the best springer ive ever had. it never missed a beat. would I have it back?? would I ever. I eould some times put a full tin of pellets through it in a weekend, and we once set up a little hft course in the woods behind my house. and I outshot my mate with his s410.

• Like 3

Thanks I'm definitely leaning towards getting one but will mean me selling my theoben I've just built think it struggle to get back what I've put in it tho .i will be out tonight with it so will probably have a few good outings with it before parting with it 1st but think it be getting a 99 in next month or so ;)

Edited by mattybugeye

I have one I've put a tuning kit in it, it got rid of the twang, and is very accurate at 35 yards and powerful, they have supposed to have sorted the gauging issue with an added roller on the cocking arm. they have a long barrel with a silencer fitted but I don't mind that, as it helps with cocking. Can be hold sensitive, but once used to it, it's fine.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one in .22....excellent gun, in my hands its easier to shoot more accurately than the 95 I used to own. Mine was sweet straight out the box, no twang, but I fitted a tinbum kit at its now even better.....they really are very accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

• Like 1

I bought a new HW99S a couple of months ago and struggled with it for quite a while. I got rid of most of the 'twang' with a bit of polishing and fitting a plastic piston sleeve, the trigger adjusted nicely as well. However, it was underpowered out of the box, only doing 9 1/2 to 10 ftlbs. (.177) I played with it for some time and eventually got my RFD's air rifle guy to look at it. His conclussions were indeterminate, he thought it might have a breech problem that he had heard of but not seen himself. Fitted a new seal and there is a great improvement.

I find this rifle to be very hold and pellet fussy but pretty good when I've got it right. It's a lovely light rifle to hold and I was determined not to give up on it.

I replaced a HW97K with the 99 as I wanted it for squirrles and the 97 was very heavy.

• Like 1