Hw99S My New Tuning Toy ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a .22 for years. in all honesty I can say, it was the best springer ive ever had. it never missed a beat. would I have it back?? would I ever. I eould some times put a full tin of pellets throug

Its basically a small 95. I had 2 few years ago both .22. Some have issues with the cocking lever galling. Will most likely be twangy aswel. Sure after a fettle it will be bang on. Just as powerful a

Just ordered one in .177 should arrive in my local rfd in 2 weeks :-) :-)

well my 99s arrived today so stripped it just to make sure v-mach kit had indeed been fitted and it had. was a bit dry inside of gun so have cleaned and relubed it all. I added half a mm more pretension put it all back together and now cocking sweet as a nut. have removed open sights as don't and wont use them and fitted a nice scope so will wait until Friday now to test it but for £90 a bargain as near to mint as you can get. will update after a day in the woods with it. :thumbs:

• Like 1

well folks I spent about 7 hours in the woods yesterday with this gun and fired about 300 shots and never missed a beat. gun cocked everytime as it should and was nice and smooth no unusual noises or roughness at all. I decided to also remove the little spring which sits under the delrin on new cocking lever before I left for the woods yesterday. for £90 and a couple of hours stripping , cleaning and lubing I reckon I got a bargain as it also came with v-mach kit fitted. I did think about having barrel chopped but im not going to bother as its a real nice gun as it is .

• Like 1

Nice one mate that's great news glad it all worked out for you how you find the accuracy?

hi matt, I zeroed it in to about 30 metres and it was great no problems at all and I was using crosman ultra magnum and scope was a very old nicko sterling 1.5-6x24 multi ret jobby but was perfect just perfect

Hi all,just joined the HLF and read this topic all the way through and learned a bit more. I am lucky enough to own a SFS 97 and 98 both .177, love them both. Bought a 99 .22 last Christmas for my boy but have used it more myself and its a cracking rifle out the box. The intention was for Tony Wall to do his magic on it but when time allows I am thinking of doing my own fettling on it after reading Matt's exploits. Thanks for the inspiration. Jez

Matt I certainly will and will be asking some advice if that's OK ? It may be a while as I have other projects on the go at the moment such as a kitchen and bathroom for "she who must be obeyed" and its difficult to stay in the shed for any amount of time and being found out !. Happy new year. Jez

• 1 month later...

Hi, new to the forums but had to join as this thread contains exactly what I'm looking for.

Mattybugeye, Did you add a choke or just cut and re crown. I'm wanting to do exactly this but concerned about loss of accuracy.

Also as someone new to rifles do you recommend trying a bit of diy tunning (just cleaning, lube etc) or leave it to the professionals? Interested in making a piston shield too to reduce twang!

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.