Badger Bill Of Durham - Border Terrier

When i used to dig on the hunt with my borders and my 2 mates who were the terrier lads for the hunt,none of ours ever got or had a certificate ever.plus ive never heard them bern dished out for years so i thought they stopped doing them.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A big pity, as it's not long ago that some of the best lads who knew how to work a terrier properly were Border men. But nowadays, with the odd exception, most Border owners are dreamers.

True, but at least it helps a bit to solve the puzzle as to why the border is struggling as a proper working type. Money men and dreamers, the ruination of any worker.

Are you saying that you'll be seeking a working cert from a MFH and that combined with the fact that your stud dog is KC registered it will rise the value of the pups ? Or have I misinterpreted your

The border has working certificate in East country's, and Holland, Czech. But we're it originated and made was to the highest standards in digging and hunting for over mens life time,, and then came the different shows, types

So what would a certificate be awarded for exactly?,is there a points system? is it carried out in natural circumstances or in artificials? I know they were not just handed out easily but can you give a bit more detail just for curiosity. Thanks

Edited by jeemes

The border has working certificate in East country's, and Holland, Czech. But we're it originated and made was to the highest standards in digging and hunting for over mens life time,, and then came the different shows, types

So what would a certificate be awarded for exactly?,is there a points system? is it carried out in natural circumstances or in artificials? I know they were not just handed out easily but can you give a bit more detail just for curiosity. Thanks

Yeh Pablo expand mate........how is the test conducted in holland?

I've not hunted in Holland, Czech Republic, but just saying what has kept on in the border, work, show i don't know, but they have trial, maybe artificial like you say, or good. I mean when the border was worked, bred in the UK, originated, it had a high standard, and tested fully to all quarry, and was outstanding and the people were happy with it

in holland they turn up, smoke or eat some drug, then become homosexual and grow a ginger moustache

Not ,, there is no test in holland

Go to the peterborough hound show there a ring full of borders with certs doubt any of them work

Bollocks I went three times and every border I entered was guaranteed digging dogs ..Never asked for a Working ticket off the masters but if I did I could have had them.I didnt know of any border at peterborough with MFH certificate