Hi guys I have a problem with the pheasants and partridges due to the bad weather we have had, the stress of being released and everything they have developed hexamita. We have tyres everything but they are still loosing weight and dying. Since we can not use emtryl anymore I have heard that tetracycline is an effective treatment has anyone trying this ? I will extremely grateful for any useful comments.

How have you determined they have hexamita have you had any pm'd? what does your vet recommend?

If you have hexy I personally wouldn't waste time nor money on tetsol if you are loosing birds you need a more aggressive treatment I would use either soludox or hydrodox and denagard you will see massive improvement within 3 days.

• Like 2

thank you for the suggestions guys. yes we got confirmation from the vets that it was hexy. what is wrong with tetsol then is it more of a preventative than a treatment or does it not work that well ? The vet said that there wasent much we could do. were can I get those treatments from and are they effective ??

thank you for the suggestions guys. yes we got confirmation from the vets that it was hexy. what is wrong with tetsol then is it more of a preventative than a treatment or does it not work that well ? The vet said that there wasent much we could do. were can I get those treatments from and are they effective ??

I would f**k that vet off sharpish :yes: you need a poultry vet,tetsol is fine as a preventative or a mild case but you are loosing birds and every minute you wait with hexy counts it will just get worse any sensible bird vet will have soludox and denagard they are pom only meds so you need a script.and yes they are very affective

• Like 1

Yep I have CTC (chlortetracyclene hydrochloride)added to some of my feed for when the birds first arrive it's product name is Aurofac 250g I have it included at 1.6kg per tonne to give 400g per tonne of active ingredient as a preventative just to help with the move from game farm to wood it can also help stop the poults from shitting from all the new insects and other crap they eat when they first get to wood I wouldn't use it to treat chronic hexy though :thumbs:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...