Variation Help Please

Because you have an open ticket for .22lr and hmr doesn't mean they will give you open for .223, infact seeing as they wouldn't give you a c/fire when you first asked i doubt they will.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha cheers Walshie. I really like the HMR but won't ever use it when i have a CF and especially now i have an open ticket. I can't say a bad word against the HMR other than running cost's and it's pr

Haha should have Walshie. I'm going Saturday to a permission. I rang owner today to let him know im coming and he said he's seen at least 1 fox every night at 8pm like clockwork. So gonna setup where

Lol..they all have a place walshie maybe not with some

So are you trying to say that the FAC becomes closed again when going up to a centre fire or just the restrictions on cf calibre but still remains open with rimfire?

The rimfire would remain open, but the C/F may or may not be closed. (Most likely closed though.) :thumbs:

From what I've been told it could be either open for cf and rimfire as some forces do think if you have had a .17 hmr that it behaves similar or more close to a cf calibre....again its what I have been told within reason and even my feo has stated "you can only try" so it seems like a bit of a fingers crossed scenario depending on the circumstances.

Edited by celticrusader

They will most likely give a restriction (closed) on the .223 and keep the less restrictive (open) on the rimfire calibre. Ive just been granted my 22-250. When I wrote in and asked for the one to one variation, (not a variation) I asked for them to consider a less restictive condition on my application. They have opened my .17 HMR up but the 22-250 is on a closed condition. I dont mind though because all of the land I currently shoot is passed for that calibre. There is no harm asking..However Dan, it is very unlikely if it is your first grant on a centrefire. As we all know though, Police forces vary so keep positive. Have they mentioned anything regarding a 'Mentoring Condition.' How long have you held your HMR for, and how many rounds I have used is another thing that was looked into for me.

Sorry mate I think I've deviated from the original post there, sadly as you've not used the hmr a lot he might say that even if the previous statement would be possible it might not for you as you've not used or provided enough proof that your competent enough with the hmr as you have limited proof of use on your FAC through the amount of rounds bought.

Again this is nothing sure but just a way they might consider things.

Edited by celticrusader

Cheers abarrett. When should I send for variation then if I'm doing a 1 for 1?

I'm going to look at a potential swap for a .22-250 on Tuesday and have said to the chap if I leave my .17 with him then send for 1 for 1 variation and then collect the .22-250 once I get my ticket back. Is that right?

Thanks again all