Variation Help Please

Hi all i'm sending in for a variation to replace my HMR for a .223. What process do i have to take?

I'd also like to increase the amount of ammo for the .22LR.

I've just been granted open ticket for .22lr and HMR i'd also like to ask for the .223 to be open ticket and for fox and AOLQ.

Feo said it will be free because i'm getting rid of the HMR for the .223.

Thanks in advance

Atb

Dan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha cheers Walshie. I really like the HMR but won't ever use it when i have a CF and especially now i have an open ticket. I can't say a bad word against the HMR other than running cost's and it's pr

Haha should have Walshie. I'm going Saturday to a permission. I rang owner today to let him know im coming and he said he's seen at least 1 fox every night at 8pm like clockwork. So gonna setup where

Lol..they all have a place walshie maybe not with some

I believe mate you have to check up your local police force online and fill in the form 202 I think its called and fill a cheque in of £26 addressed to the chief constable, it will tell you online mate but just print them off that site and then post them in with FAC if stated.

Haha cheers Walshie. I really like the HMR but won't ever use it when i have a CF and especially now i have an open ticket. I can't say a bad word against the HMR other than running cost's and it's preety useless in any wind. I only got it for fox and although i've shot alot of rabbits with it 95% of the rabbits shot would have been in range of the .22lr at a 1/3 the running costs and a hell of alot quieter and to me alot more satisfaction from judging range and using holdover/under.

• Like 2

Yeh its different for everyone mate I think that's what most people find hard to realise, we all find a certain tool more capable in a certain situation.

At the moment I absolutely love my hmr as i keep them rabbits for the freezer and there not really spooked by it but if I didn't I might of gone down a different path, there might come a day when I will want to change it but if you want something else then dont be worried by the nay sayers...I take it your 22lr is a bolt action thought.

Edited by celticrusader

I thought so mate...there wouldn't be much in it at those ranges between the both..well for the general range of rabbits anyway, I have a Brno 581 semi auto for quiet and relatively close encounters which has proven that a bolt wouldnt be the rifle on the day many a time, i have the hmr for longer shots but I would come to the same conclusion as you no doubt otherwise.

Edited by celticrusader