Sign in to follow this  
shropshire dan

.223 Or .243

both of those video's are about as far removed from hunting as it gets :thumbdown: maybe it's just me but my conscience and ethics couldn't ever justify shooting game at that distance but I guess that's what happens when the shot becomes more important than the actual hunt.

• Like 2

What is it with us guys and size comparison lol. I've applied for a A-10 warthog tank buster with 30mm rotary cannon with 3500 rounds a minute. Haha

Mines bigger than yours ;)

Bit of fun.

There is a point to be had about power and clean killing though. One clearly bled out internally. The other dropped dead on the spot.

both of those video's are about as far removed from hunting as it gets :thumbdown: maybe it's just me but my conscience and ethics couldn't ever justify shooting game at that distance but I guess that's what happens when the shot becomes more important than the actual hunt.

Don't disagree. 400yds I can't necessarily condone as I still think at the top end of reasonable if you're skilled, but 1000 yds is sheer stupidity given the flight time.

There are some videos of Coyotes shot at 1400 yds on Youtube with .243 and .338 and it just makes me mad as it was not a clean kill by any means. A .243 and especially a .338 should turn a Coyote inside out and this one ran off 1/2 a field before dying. Could have just been inaccuracy but I reckon energy must have been pretty low as well at that range at least on the .243.

Video is here if you want to see it, but I certainly don't condone this. Irresponsible springs to mind (sorry don't know how prevent it embedding):

Edited by Alsone