• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to change that .243 CC you know it makes sense I love mine sako 75 action, handlapped select match grade shilen barrel in 1 in 13 1/2" to optimise the 85gr bullets,honed and polished trigger and

Get the .243 mate as Danw says you wont be dissapointed,the .22-250 is a superb round too, but then of course you are restricted to the small deer as well, Alsone, a .243 will pass through deer mate,

Thing is mate they rely on the premise that we have to ask what they will allow like a school child well that is not the case I am licensed to hold firearms I know what I need to do the job they will

On a serious note, for every single calibre out there you will get for and against comments, at the end of the day it is more important to feel confident in the rifle and ammunition, if you are, you will shoot well with it, they will all kill deer, and everyone has a favourite, Dan mate, do your research, and whatever you get, make sure it fits and feels comfortable, find the ammunition it likes and make sure you have a ready supply, or even better start reloading, get a.25-06 point it in the right place, the deer will fall down, :yes: enjoy.

edited :thumbs: you know it makes sense :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You are correct sir, it makes very good sense, the .25-06 death ray is all he will ever need and more :yes:

So why have you not got one then? :laugh:

Come on mate I KNOW you're a secret 6.5 swede fan, just let it go it will be much easier that way :laugh:

On a serious note, for every single calibre out there you will get for and against comments, at the end of the day it is more important to feel confident in the rifle and ammunition, if you are, you will shoot well with it, they will all kill deer, and everyone has a favourite, Dan mate, do your research, and whatever you get, make sure it fits and feels comfortable, find the ammunition it likes and make sure you have a ready supply, or even better start reloading, get a.25-06 point it in the right place, the deer will fall down, :yes: enjoy.

edited :thumbs: you know it makes sense :laugh::laugh::laugh:
You are correct sir, it makes very good sense, the .25-06 death ray is all he will ever need and more :yes:

So why have you not got one then? :laugh:

Come on mate I KNOW you're a secret 6.5 swede fan, just let it go it will be much easier that way :laugh:

I cant afford the powder to reload the .25-06 :cray: and just dont seem to be able to work out the vast ark of the turnips trajectory, so I am afraid I will have to stick to something flat shooting pal :yes:

Ohh it's easy to work out the trajectory of a 6.5 just pop outside and throw a house brick down the garden then measure the distance job done lol

Thanks Danw, I will pass that on to the Seeker, I will see him tommorow night, he will be chuffed to bits, always causes problems working it out, if a target is more than 25-30 yards away :D

• Like 2

Well I know I said was out, but I couldn't resist posting this, so please forgive me. :bye:

That's a 1070 yard shot against an Elk and an instant on the spot drop.

.243 pfff. :laugh:

(7mm magnum btw)

Edited by Alsone

both of those video's are about as far removed from hunting as it gets :thumbdown: maybe it's just me but my conscience and ethics couldn't ever justify shooting game at that distance but I guess that's what happens when the shot becomes more important than the actual hunt.

• Like 2

What is it with us guys and size comparison lol. I've applied for a A-10 warthog tank buster with 30mm rotary cannon with 3500 rounds a minute. Haha

Mines bigger than yours ;)

Bit of fun.

There is a point to be had about power and clean killing though. One clearly bled out internally. The other dropped dead on the spot.

both of those video's are about as far removed from hunting as it gets :thumbdown: maybe it's just me but my conscience and ethics couldn't ever justify shooting game at that distance but I guess that's what happens when the shot becomes more important than the actual hunt.

Don't disagree. 400yds I can't necessarily condone as I still think at the top end of reasonable if you're skilled, but 1000 yds is sheer stupidity given the flight time.

There are some videos of Coyotes shot at 1400 yds on Youtube with .243 and .338 and it just makes me mad as it was not a clean kill by any means. A .243 and especially a .338 should turn a Coyote inside out and this one ran off 1/2 a field before dying. Could have just been inaccuracy but I reckon energy must have been pretty low as well at that range at least on the .243.

Video is here if you want to see it, but I certainly don't condone this. Irresponsible springs to mind (sorry don't know how prevent it embedding):

Edited by Alsone