.222 And Deer

It bug's me how I have a heard of row on my land but can't shoot them (yet)

But go over the boder to Scotland and its fair game

Have heard of some old boys who used to knock em down with a .22 rf was told by one old man that it ain't the size of yoir bullet but where you place it.

So why is it only possible to use only 243 or above but on Scotland ist legal to use a .222 on row but not in Wales thats crap rant over that's all folks

There are a few laws in England that Im glad are not enforce North of the Border ...All .shooting of wildfowl has to be with non toxic imo a stupid law we can still shoot wild fowl in certain situations with lead ....

• 3 months later...

I have heard them rant on about the legislation been such a good thing, because it stops the lads out for a nights foxing with a .22cf shooting a roe under the lamp, fine! But why not extend that to Muntjac or Cwd??????? Are roe far more important than the two other small deer that can be shot with a .22cf in England and Wales? What a load of hogwash, all dreamed up by some pompous old fart in the Bds, unless of course roe in England are so much bigger and tougher than roe in Scotland? Well I have shot roe in both England and Scotland, and I really do struggle to see any difference :hmm:

Edited by charlie caller
  • Like 1

It's amazing how in Scotland you can even shoot Reds with a .22-250 but apparently it can't kill roe in England.

Anyway, here's a lesson in recognition:

Scottish Deer:

Deer1.jpg

English Deer:

DEERvest2-SPOTTED-3WEB.jpg

Edited by Alsone
  • Like 4

It's amazing how in Scotland you can even shoot Reds with a .22-250 but apparently it can't kill roe in England.

Anyway, here's a lesson in recognition:

Scottish Deer:

Deer1.jpg

English Deer:

DEERvest2-SPOTTED-3WEB.jpg

Not legally you cant, only roe I am afraid,minimum 100 grain bullet,min velocity 2,450 fps, min muzzle energy 1750ftlbs for anything other than roe in Scotland.