Sign in to follow this  
Foxi_Roxi

What Got You Into Hunting?

My dad he's always had coursing dogs and iv just been brought up with it all my life, sitting in the back of the van with the lurcher a at like half 6 in the morning could think of anything better but my dad didn't want me getting in to trouble so he pushed me to words ferreting and I love it just the same don't think I'm ever gonna give it up now.

Foxi-Roxi, I'm assuming this is a serious thread and you're not looking for stupid responses, although bless them they only mean a bit of fun.

I believe I started hunting because of an extension to my love of the natural,world. I wasn't lucky enough to be born into the countryside so it wasn't a natural progression. My older brothers took me bird nesting and collecting became a passion for me ( before it became illegal) Me and a couple of mates would get the green line bus out into the country to begin with looking for specific eggs. This evolved into the love of just being there. Hunting was the next progression and 50 years later it is my main enjoyment in life.

birdsallpl, very interesting to hear about your love of the countryside and bird nesting. Wonderful! oology is a fascinating, but somewhat frowned upon subject especially by certain bodies like the R.,S.P.B. If it wasn't for certain well-known oologists we wouldn't have the knowledge of Ornithology that we have today. Lutra.

i used to walk n follow when my mates went lamping the first time i saw a dog run my adrenaline kicked in hearing the thudding from the dogs paws as they were chasing a rabbit loved it then as we grew up went our own ways n always wanted to get into it, its taken me 10 years to get ferrets n a dog this season is my first with the dogs but went ferreting last season n loved it ive got my first 3 ferret kits n will be ready for the season cant wait good thread this is

• Like 2

my next door neighbour a lot of years ago

My uncles took me out ferreting and I never got over the excitement of hearing the rabbit and it bolting

I don't believe it is born into u as some people think, I think it is the own individual my family members have never hunted at all an never will. But I started when I was about 9 with a close friend and then we suddenly could not get enough of going out at those windy rainy nights then we just grew and tried different things now we have premission all over the place we shoot ferret terrier lurchers everything u can imagine and love every minute weather day or night

There are many hunters in Russia, but not my relatives. In the hunt I came from fishing

Edited by Dss Hunting

For me it was my ex step dad that got me into it. Coon hunting all night turned into chasing bobcat and grey fox. My friends and I could not get enough of working hounds and terriers. It deffently became an addiction.

In my case, it comes from my dad. He taught me how to use a recurve bow when I was 10. I'v still kept it as a memory gift.