"x" Amount Of Posts Before Access To Classifieds.

Just another suggestion....

When a newbie joins, they're required 5 approved posts to continue posting on the forum. However, I get a little uncomfortable seeing people with anything less than 50 posts posting on classifieds, products ranging from £5 to £1000+.

Personally, I don't think I'd trust anyone who's just joined the forum to sell something without knowing them on here well enough or feel like they have any other motive on the forum but to sell or shift on something dodgy and make a run- just what comes to mind!

Would it make more sense to have a policy to post a reputable amount of posts (not inc spam) to create sale pages on classifieds?

I know this is hard to police or create settings to stop them from posting but would you be paying anyone, any amount of your money when you don't know them? Or would you feel more confident knowing they're a contributor to the forum and someone with a genuine interest in the forum too?

Either that or a feedback section?

Just my suggestions, so, don't get any knickers in a twist. :thumbs:

White

Can't see how it will work to be honest there's 5 comments in less than a 2 minutes that can cover most topics so you could get your post count up in no time ..... Feedback on your profile which has been suggested a few times would be a better thing to have

a reputable amount of posts (not inc spam)

Can't see how it will work to be honest there's 5 comments in less than a 2 minutes that can cover most topics so you could get your post count up in no time ..... Feedback on your profile which has been suggested a few times would be a better thing to have

Precisely what I mean, I know post count means nothing, really. But it does identify who does contribute and (should) be reading up on topics: being what the forum is about.

Buyer beware too but sometime that suggestive rule is overlooked or even then how far do you gonabout finding how genuine a person is?

I'm not having a dig at anyone in particular- as I've just politely suggested joining in on the forum to a seller (Benelli shotgun) but as a given, anyone without setting up a profile or tried posting on the site before selling just sets alarm bells off to me.

I know mods can see who's using the same IP address and such but I'm sure members on here aren't going to put the effort into a rogue account.

Would it not be easier and swift to open up a thread on the classifieds section for feedback? Each member to set up their own feedback page?

White