Mud Tyres For Shogun

I've been running general tyre all terrains for the last few year and they're just starting to round off and are getting down a bit although they still have plenty of life left in them.

I'm thinking of getting another set of wheels and tires, to use for winter, where I can swap back to the grabbers in the summer months.

I've been looking at the insa turbo Dakar remoulds, as well as the bfg mud - terrain. The dakars come in at 500 and the bags around 700.

Just wondering what mud tyres people are running and any recommendations.......

Bf Goodrich mud terrains on mine, you've seen them mate, wouldn't have anything else, mine have done 60,000 now, and when there done and dusted, I'll have the new km2's on... The bf will outlast the insa no problem..

Bf Goodrich mud terrains on mine, you've seen them mate, wouldn't have anything else, mine have done 60,000 now, and when there done and dusted, I'll have the new km2's on... The bf will outlast the insa no problem..

Totally agree bfg muds on mine and they are spot on ... I have tried all sorts but these are the best I have used ..........

Getting a good price for BF MT is hard work, they are very costly, but superb tyres. I have had BF' AT's also which went on for years.

But if your just using them for winter use and not lots of miles, why not get a remold like the Insa's Dakars, they will last a fair few seasons? They have the same tread patten as the BF's but a fraction of the price.

A mate uses the insa turbo specials and rates them. They look like tractor tyres lol. The tyres will be used for road journeys a bit more than they should be but for long journeys and during the summer they will be getting swapped for the all terrains.

I've heard that the bfg muds wear quick compared to some others, but from what I can gather they're a lot quiter and better on road than the insas.

I don't do serious off roading but I do drive on some boggy fields where soft mud is the main obstacle. Touch wood the grabbers have always pulled me out so far but as they're getting down a bit I've noticed they're slipping a bit more in the thick stuff.

I'm aware that whatever I get will be a compromise but hopefully il find the best one....

I must say that the bfg muds crop up the most. Any suggestions on where to get the best price for a set of tyres with steel wheels ?.

Cheers for the input folks,and Ian, I never really looked at yer treads last time, how they doing after 60 000 ?

A mate uses the insa turbo specials and rates them. They look like tractor tyres lol. The tyres will be used for road journeys a bit more than they should be but for long journeys and during the summer they will be getting swapped for the all terrains.

I've heard that the bfg muds wear quick compared to some others, but from what I can gather they're a lot quiter and better on road than the insas.

I don't do serious off roading but I do drive on some boggy fields where soft mud is the main obstacle. Touch wood the grabbers have always pulled me out so far but as they're getting down a bit I've noticed they're slipping a bit more in the thick stuff.

I'm aware that whatever I get will be a compromise but hopefully il find the best one....

I must say that the bfg muds crop up the most. Any suggestions on where to get the best price for a set of tyres with steel wheels ?.

Cheers for the input folks,and Ian, I never really looked at yer treads last time, how they doing after 60 000 ?

The BF muds wear better than most mate, there a far more resilient harder rubber.

What size are your tyres, a lad I know has some BF AT's new on rims...

I'd definitely go for Goodrich over the others, if your buying new.

• 2 weeks later...

if you using your motor as a everyday car I don't think you would have swampers on. even special tracks arnt that practical on road never mind 40" swampers

He says he's going to swap tyres over for trips and summer.

I run 35" Silverstone extremes on my v6 shogun and they can scare me in dry