Fac Air Rifles.......????

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea I agree definitely don't use on foxes people say would drop them but not a humane kill in my opinion at all! My brother has a fac Rws excaliber it's a insane pice of kit think it's doing about 26

Forget about fox shooting with an air rifle. If you want to shoot a fox get a centre fire on your ticket.

I am sorry if my comment could be seen to be advisory as it was certainly not my intention. I have in fact been hit in the face by air rifle pellets more than once, but luckily not in the eye. You wil

Cons. They use more air (if precharged). So you fill up more frequent.

Pros. More stopping power and a little further range. Safer (ish) to use around buildings or a situation where a rimmy would be a no no.

great around horse padocks and anywhere the rimmy would cause an issue, you can pick up some real good gear very cheap compared to sub 12ft but when you ever come to get rid then the market is very small,

aye up

like the lads say extra range and stopping power especially in the larger calibres like .25 also if you go for pcp get yourself a large dive bottle as they are very hungry on air ,it's surprising how quick you get through it. great on permissions where the rimmy is unsuitable .

• Like 1

if you have a slot on your ticket its a no brainer if your after an air rifle, all the advantages of an air rifle and on the whole half the price of a sub 12ft lb. i had a rapid 12 and it could be used between 12ft and 42ft lbs, .20 cal is great but struggle to find suitable pellets for anything higher than 26ft lbs

Would a FAC Air Rifle be restricted to the land it was granted on or are you granted a open ticket with it?

I've never seen the point of FAC Air over a .22 Rim unless you were able to use it anywhere.

unless you have an open ticket it carries the same restrictions as any other calibre, there are situations were a rimmy is just not the tool for the the job and fac air fills that gap, also theres the 303 wolverine that is in a category on its own,

My uncle started FAC with a short, FAC pneumatic .22 air rifle that took, I think, about 9 manual pumps on the lever thingy per shot. It was really great though and certainly taught you to be a good stalker and accurate with one shot at a time and a huge gap in between shots.

FAC air rifles certainly have their place, not least because the pellet will land harmlessly if fired upwards, whereas a .22 bullet has killed at least one person on landing after a shot up into trees, unbeknown to the shooter until later.

Edited by Lid

Would a FAC Air Rifle be restricted to the land it was granted on or are you granted a open ticket with it?

I've never seen the point of FAC Air over a .22 Rim unless you were able to use it anywhere.

unless you have an open ticket it carries the same restrictions as any other calibre, there are situations were a rimmy is just not the tool for the the job and fac air fills that gap, also theres the 303 wolverine that is in a category on its own,

Thats what I thought mate but wasn't sure.

I'm still not convinced about its advantages though as for me if your restricted from using a .22 Rim then thats when Sub 12 Air comes in.

Still each to their own mate.

Thats what I thought mate but wasn't sure.

I'm still not convinced about its advantages though as for me if your restricted from using a .22 Rim then thats when Sub 12 Air comes in.

Still each to their own mate.

its not about the advantage of one over the other they both have a place and a purpose, each is capable of doing jobs the other is not suitable for

my longest shot on a rabbit is 85yrds head shot and the pellet went straight through it so the power and accuracy is there so you still need to think about backstops I just find it safer to use there's less retained energy compared to a rimmy, on my ( posh garden permissions ) where I need the extra range but the rim fire is too much, some of the lawns I shoot bunnies off are over 100yrds x 50yrds and there's hardly any cover for me to hide in my fac air works a treat it's safer , makes much less noise and probably more accurate, but if I go shooting on my farm land permissions I go straight for the rimmy . each has there place.

Weihrauch HW80 - £180 second hand

V- mach kit (fac) - £80

tuned by me - Zilch

Total - £260

Puts out almost 20fpe and with all the work I've done it passes the pellet on the turret test (sometimes slides a little but never jumps)

Deadly accurate cheap and as long as I'm alive its going nowhere.

P.S. I'm away to spend a few quid on it, I'm sending of the piston to be worked on by a guy on ebay who's work looks great, my buttoning works fine but I'm letting him loose with 2 delrin rings on the piston and a fixed to the back block spring guide to hopefully make it even smoother.

Delrin city!! :-))

Chris.

I`ve had a couple and have never got on with them, but I want to persevere.

If they have to go on an "air rifle ticket" in Scotland, then it`s a no brainer to get an FAC

Only thing is, I`m in love with .177 so its 18ft/lbs only for me.

That and the fact that daystate want over 200 quid to FAC the Mk4. it even has hi and low power settings for when I do it.