• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only just gone and smashed my PB. I was reeling in one rod to pack away, when the other went off.   13lb 7oz.     Over the moon.

I am a BARBEL fisherman.       Get in.............

Objective achieved!! A River Dove double. Get in.........   Only taken me two and a half seasons.     10lb 10oz. My new personal best.     HAVE IT!!

Posted Images

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strange session tonight. In the four seasons I've been on the Dove I've never had so many indications on the rod tip as I've had tonight, two good wrap rounds, one even turned the baitrunner, but no hook ups. Thought I'd get one when it went dark.

The river is very low, it could do with a good flush through, some of the best pegs are hardly moving. I'd imagine the Barbel are all hold up in the faster water pegs, sitting it out in the more oxygenated water.

attachicon.gifIMG_0980.JPG

15th fish of the season. 4lb dead.

love catching chub had two over 5ib within couple minutes of each other few year ago winter on the canal,they always looked bit sickly to me summer months so I didnt bother targeting them,as for the barbel,cracking mate fair play atb
  • Like 1

Not really after the Chub, but after putting in the amount of hours I have, I should't complain. The 5lb 6oz was a huge Chub, be well over 6 come winter. No belly on it.

The river badly needs some water in it, as others would i'd imagine. Rafts of weed backed up behind obstructions just waiting for a flood to move them. Be difficult fishing for a few days after the rain, which is a shame as it will probably fish it's head off.