Last Weeks Effort

Stalking a few evenings last week with my son.Seeing a few but one thing or another meant nothing grassed until thursday evening .The venue is a small farm where the lie of the land allows for a good glass as soon as you pull in the yard .The fields rise to a banking then level off on a plateau but the deer generally stick to the slope.A buck and doe were grazing the uncut hay grass just below the skyline and a plan was made to stalk him .Wind was brisk so a clockwise stalk was in order that took us to within a field of them .A big gap in the hedge lead to where they were and a careful approach saw us glassing the pair at about 200yds .They were grazing our way slowly so we waited and watched .Fate was to play a hand in this bucks demise when another buck entered stage left ,about the same stamp as our quarry .Any previous good relations between these neighbours was now forgotten and our buck came running to see him off .I wasnt about to see another skip through the hedge ans away as of late so i barked and stopped him in his tracks about 90 yds id say .had to wait for him to spin round a bit which he duly did and George put one in his chest .He charged wide eyed to fall in the hedge to our left .Leaving the other buck still standing wondering what the hell just happened .Perfect shot i have to say .

20140610_2138401.jpg

Proud dad or what .

• Like 4

Hi Foxdropper

Nice to see a youngster enjoying stalking with his dad, I expect in a couple of years he will have other quarry in his sights and you will loose him for a while

but he will be back,

Keep up the good work

Cheers Geoff

Hi Foxdropper

Nice to see a youngster enjoying stalking with his dad, I expect in a couple of years he will have other quarry in his sights and you will loose him for a while

but he will be back,

Keep up the good work

Cheers Geoff

See where your going there mate.Already chatting up a farmers daughter elsewhere.No oil painting but good practice i guess .He will kill me reading this.lol

• Like 2