• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

HMP.Crumlin rd jail belfast 1970s ....brewed in fire exthinquishers lol.

Eighteen types of Apple went into it ! I let some of my two year old trees keep a couple of Apple's on them so that I could make a small batch. I worked it out yesterday that after this year's two y

Just mixed a fruit cider. ..first attempt. If all goes well should work out at 40p a pint at 6% . Anyone on here recommend owt for a beginner to try? Atb sesku

Posted Images

tc that's what cider should be for me 8-9% gives you a good kick.. :yes:

Oh god no, I like to have a drink over a couple of hours, not be in bed after 2 pints :laugh: . Anyway it was not 9% it was seven, found my glasses!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like dirty dishwater.

cider002_zpsaf652c6c.jpg

TC

• Like 1

Well couldn't resist a taster today after work. ..it's only been chilling since last night..and must say I'm impressed. .

we'll leave it now for our camping holiday in Newquay.

Glad it's worked out well for you fellah :thumbs:

Bear in mind homebrew doesn't travel well. All that jiggling around in the car tends to disturb the sediment. It may be worth re-bottling some and taking it as 'bright'.

There seem to be more and more cider kits available. I was down at Jeff's the other day and was amazed at how many different ciders he has in stock :yes:

I'll do another blog post in a couple of days; and maybe add some video of the bottling process.

tc that's what cider should be for me 8-9% gives you a good kick.. :yes:

Oh god no, I like to have a drink over a couple of hours, not be in bed after 2 pints :laugh: . Anyway it was not 9% it was seven, found my glasses!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Looks like dirty dishwater.

cider002_zpsaf652c6c.jpg

TC

My kind of drink....... Could drink a few now

Keg arrived today matt.

Second cider brew is on, i spoke to Jeff about using champagne yeast to get a dryer brew, but he reckons just brew it longer.

Ive got this lot on with 1.5 k of sugar and i am going for a two week brew, then keg it.

Read a lot about turbo cider and back sweetening to get a strongbow type clone, might give that a go. Apparently a lot of folk use tea in cider brewing when using a syrup based kit or apple juice and they use champagne yeast.

The on the rocks is ok, but not dry enough.

What i would really like to get, is something close to aspalls draught, its a tad expensive to live on that stuff ?

Decided im going to try a blackcurrant wine after i (eventually) bottle my beer. Anyone ever done blackcurrant wine or something similar. Also has anyone made a diy apple press? This is turning into a great thread!!

My best one was 4l of cherry good juice 1l of welches purple grape 1kg granulated sugar 5g champagne yeast in a demijohn with bubbler at about 23degreesC once stops bubbling syphon off add stabilising tabs and bottle leave about 1 to 2 months longer the better bloody lush stuff sweet and scrummy ;-)

Decided im going to try a blackcurrant wine after i (eventually) bottle my beer. Anyone ever done blackcurrant wine or something similar. Also has anyone made a diy apple press? This is turning into a great thread!!

I did a pear cider pressed found it a bloody nightmare to be honest best way is to freeze then press just makes it Easyer but you need a lot of time for very little drink but give it a go its fun