• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember years ago the case of the American operative who did a domestic flea job caused by the family cat, he powdered the cat, liver failure within hours, suitably sued and prosecuted. Although the

Ficam W is a residual Insecticide Millet,...the water you mix it with, is simply the vehicle for getting the insecticide into all the cracks and crevices,.(which incidentally,.should have been scraped

If you want to go in the shed with a torch crack on.. .. after being covered in them from head to toe i thought it best to stay out..they where raining down on me everytime i went in.. .. so what i

Posted Images

Ficam W used to work really well on Bedbugs.

Everyone used it, and everyone raved about it.

Now it has no effect on them at all.

Why are so many commercial flocks treating with DE now???

My missus used that DE,not code millit I just couldn't spell it?, on her chicken shed it worked to a degree but not very effective she used ficam w she brought from a place on the Internet......it amazes me how you can get most pesticides off the Internet no questions asked?

• Like 1

Diatomacoeas Earth is a load of rubbish Mr Tea Pot it's not too bad for dusting the chook's backend for northern mite but as far as red mite go it's utter garbage..i have recently lost a nest full of goldfinch egg's through red mite..the hen refused to sit in there any longer and i took the egg's out filled the nest full of the stuff then put the egg's back in.. i ragged the nest a few day's ago and i was full of red might yet again..Ficam W is the way forward from Ebay.. :boogy: ..and i can honestly say my shed is now cleansed from any living bug it even done the slug's .. :D

Is Ficam W approved for Red Mite now?

As I posted earlier, I know of several commercial units that now use DE rather than Ficam. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing :thumbs:

I went through tub's of DE and it never touched them i also know of several friend's who have tried using the stuff and they also said it never worked for them..1/3 water 2/3 bleach never worked ..ant powder never worked.. but Ficam did so it is approved by me so feck what anyone else say's.. :yes: ..

As far as them commercial unit's knowing what they are doing i guess they do when they are blagging customer's and making money..

Asking the question because I heard that Bayer were going to request a change in approval.

Without it, using it for RM is illegal.

I think the quality of DE varies. One of the units I know of uses OA2Ki, but I know it's more expensive than some brands.

Without it, using it for RM is illegal.

What if i was treating the mothes and woodlice and i accidently killed the red mite,, will i go to prison.. :D

Good answer.

If it was me, I'd be treating flies, rather than RM and I wouldn't be posting a full admission on the internet :thumbs:

But each to his own :yes:

As Phil says, Ficam is a residual insecticide :thumbs:

A word of warning to anyone reading this. Make sure the product you are going to apply is approved for the purpose, and actually names the insect you are trying to control.

It's also an offence to mix a stronger mix than that listed on the label.

Sadly, these days, product labels have to be complied with or you could end up in serious trouble. The last case of misuse of Ficam that I can remember ended up with a prison sentence.

It's not an offence to mix stronger only a waste of product

Offence is only for misuse

As Phil says, Ficam is a residual insecticide :thumbs:

A word of warning to anyone reading this. Make sure the product you are going to apply is approved for the purpose, and actually names the insect you are trying to control.

It's also an offence to mix a stronger mix than that listed on the label.

Sadly, these days, product labels have to be complied with or you could end up in serious trouble. The last case of misuse of Ficam that I can remember ended up with a prison sentence.

It's not an offence to mix stronger only a waste of product

Offence is only for misuse

Sorry, but you are very wrong.

An offence is committed if you use any pesticide product other than the label says :yes:

Go and read the Control of Pesticides Regulations.

Doesn't say that on the box

It's not an offence to over mix

It is no different to treating the same area with the right mix time and time again

You still get a large build up of product just a waist not an offence

More than happy to take a picture of the adas manual if your still not convinced

post-85709-0-87204300-1402772977_thumb.jpg