I know it's instant on most species but i have recently sprayed a shed with a heavy infestation of red mite.. they is what look's like million's of them layed dead everywhere but i can still see them crawling around in place's..it was spayed with a stronger than normal solution through the severity of the infestation..how long would you give it before it get's blasted again.. and how long should it take for the remaining red mite to expire..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Remember years ago the case of the American operative who did a domestic flea job caused by the family cat, he powdered the cat, liver failure within hours, suitably sued and prosecuted. Although the

Ficam W is a residual Insecticide Millet,...the water you mix it with, is simply the vehicle for getting the insecticide into all the cracks and crevices,.(which incidentally,.should have been scraped

If you want to go in the shed with a torch crack on.. .. after being covered in them from head to toe i thought it best to stay out..they where raining down on me everytime i went in.. .. so what i

Posted Images

I know it's instant on most species but i have recently sprayed a shed with a heavy infestation of red mite.. they is what look's like million's of them layed dead everywhere but i can still see them crawling around in place's..it was spayed with a stronger than normal solution through the severity of the infestation..how long would you give it before it get's blasted again.. and how long should it take for the remaining red mite to expire..

Ficam W is a residual Insecticide Millet,...the water you mix it with, is simply the vehicle for getting the insecticide into all the cracks and crevices,.(which incidentally,.should have been scraped , brushed and dusted as clean and dry as possible,.before any treatment commences)..then,..you leave the residue in situ for at least 14 days..

Do not clean it off.... :thumbs:

• Like 1

As Phil says, Ficam is a residual insecticide :thumbs:

A word of warning to anyone reading this. Make sure the product you are going to apply is approved for the purpose, and actually names the insect you are trying to control.

It's also an offence to mix a stronger mix than that listed on the label.

Sadly, these days, product labels have to be complied with or you could end up in serious trouble. The last case of misuse of Ficam that I can remember ended up with a prison sentence.

Many thank's for that Phil.. i did not clean the shed out i just sprayed it as i'm sick to death of being covered in red mite..i think i will clean it out and remove all the cages and spider's web's and then spray it again.. i have a 5ltr pump sprayer here mixed with a extra strength solution..i only used half of it yesterday so once i have cleaned the shed out i will use the rest.. :thumbs:

just torch it and be done with it :laugh::laugh:

If you want to go in the shed with a torch crack on.. :laugh: .. after being covered in them from head to toe i thought it best to stay out..they where raining down on me everytime i went in.. :bad: .. so what i did was spray the first half of the shed at arm's length from out side...then after 1hr go in and do the rest.. that way i only got a few on me instead of hundred's.. :D

• Like 1

just torch it and be done with it :laugh::laugh:

If you want to go in the shed with a torch crack on.. :laugh: .. after being covered in them from head to toe i thought it best to stay out..they where raining down on me everytime i went in.. :bad: .. so what i did was spray the first half of the shed at arm's length from out side...then after 1hr go in and do the rest.. that way i only got a few on me instead of hundred's.. :D

a gallon of diesel a zippo and a couple of sausages :laugh::laugh:

And the Fire Brigade when i burn next door's house down.. :D

been there :laugh: i tipped a gallon of petrol under a path made from 3 x 2`s as there were masonry bees under it, went with a whoooooooooooooooooooooooomph lifted the slabs set the hedge and fence alight and never touched the bees :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So does Ficam W.. :D .. they have officially left the building mind you so has eveything else that once lived in there in harmony.. :D .. i can honestly say i would sleep in there myself now..

I use de now, kills the mites and red mites, when I clean out each week I put in a good depth of miscanthus on the floor and the nest boxes then blast that with the Dr5 filled with de, the birds have a lovely dust bath and kill any lice or whatever also.

Also using food grade de instead of chemicals now, just mix it in with the feed, working brilliantly.

• Like 1