12ft/pound air rifle

daz1976

can anyone tell me at what distance you would be able to drop a rabbit if you hit it sweet

only asking as someone ive been talking to says they regular take rabbits at 100 yds and i thought this to be too far,always thought a good killing range was 35 - 40 yds

cheers daz

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone tell me at what distance you would be able to drop a rabbit if you hit it sweet

only asking as someone ive been talking to says they regular take rabbits at 100 yds and i thought this to be too far,always thought a good killing range was 35 - 40 yds

cheers daz

If you can hit a 10p coin,every time,then thats your range.I've been shooting nearly 30 years,and i wouldn't take a shot at live quarry at more than 35yds,and then only in ideal conditions.On the range i can hit 1inch groups at 45 yds,and pellet on pellet at 25yds,it means jack s**t in the field. :thumbs:

cheers daz

Your mate proberly couldnt even hit you at 100 yards with a 12ft lbs air rifle :D .................oh just to say PLEASE DONT TRY IT :no:

Your killing distance for rabbits is more to do with pellet placement than power although the nearer the 12ft lbs the better :thumbs:

if hes knockig over rabbits with 12ft power rifle then i think he is either telling porkies or has an F.A.C liesence

or hes a really bad judge of distance, ill generally hunt at 25-30 yards regardless of caliber, best shot ive seen is a night shot at just over 45yards but that was more luck than owt else. stick to about 30 yards and you be fine mate

lee :good:

It really frustrates me that every discussion about airguns comes down to "how far?" or "how do I get more power?"

Daz, your mate that told you that is an idiot. I'd suggest you tell him to shut up until he has a clue. A 12ftlbs air rifle is capable of killing all suitable airgun quarry, when hit in the right place, at up to 35 yards. 40 at a push. Personally, I try an keep to 25-30.

I don't care about AIRGUNNER saying he's shot a rabbit at 68 yards. I don't doubt that he did it, but the fact that he even attempted it shows me that he's ignorant as sin.

If you want to shoot bunnies at that range, get a rimmy!

It really frustrates me that every discussion about airguns comes down to "how far?" or "how do I get more power?"

Why does it frustrate you that people want to know how to get more power out of their guns?