• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First you have to get tanked up on sloe gin and scotch,

and then you have to crawl through brambles and blackthorn,

then get tanked up a bit more from your trusty hip flask,

then you have to have you dinner with a bunch of total f*****g inbred arseholes

who have a serious case of us and them plus you have to humour the stuck up c**ts too,

then you go home with £15-20 in your skyrocket and get to pick thorns out of your nut

for the rest of the week.. :thumbs:

other than that its quite an enjoyable day out in the countryside..and you get to case the land

for your own trip out.. :thumbs: have fun eh :laugh:

Edited by millie

then you have to have you dinner with a bunch of total f*****g inbred arseholes

who have a serious case of us and them plus you have to humour the stuck up c**ts too,

then you go home with £15-20 in your skyrocket and get to pick thorns out of your nut

for the rest of the week.. :thumbs:

other than that its quite an enjoyable day out in the countryside..and you get to case the land

for your own trip out.. :thumbs: have fun eh :laugh:

:clapper::clapper::clapper: ...........how true.........

Guest Leveller

I can do that no problem :drink:

Guest jason1888

beatin is good gets you out of the house and the shoot i beat on u get paid a £10 and get a brace at the end at thats only a small shoot with only 6 - 12 guns very intresting seeing all the game birds

I can garantee if you was beating most days everyweek you would get really bored of it, i know from personal experience :yes:

LLOYD :doh: THATS GOOD COMING FROM A WANT TO BE KEEPER, A SEASONS BEATING IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT, AND THE CRACK WITH THE FOLK YOU MEET.... HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO BEAT MOST DAYS OF THE WEEK ?? ARE YOU NOT STILL AT SCHOOL / STARTED COLLAGE??

TRUST ME GOING BEATING IS A RIGHT LAUGH, AND THERE IS ACRES UPON ACRES OR PERMISSION OUT THERE TO BE HAD...

Guest little_lloyd

Your right Alimac beating is good for someone who wants to be a full time keeper :yes::thumbs:

Im going to grab every opputuniety to get out beating this year with a hipflask full of sloe gin and make the most of it on the shoots i help as there will be alot of intresting people to meet :toast:

The only reason it was boring last season was,...BEACUSE it was at college and most of the lads there where wankers :yes: And the gunds,,Well they where something else :blink:

Got my first day of the season at a 'local' shoot tommorow, alarm set for 7am :cry: to then drive for an hour on my shiity hairdryer (moped :icon_redface:) but its all worth it, good day out topped off by a few quid and a brace.

New keeper this year too :hmm: .......

Edited by Hob&Jill
Guest little_lloyd

I spent the morning in the wood where i put a few birds up so me and the mates could have a bit of sport, Got down the woods for Elven this morning just for a bit of walked up shooting makes a change from the usual beating.

Managed to bag two brace Three hens and a cock bird left the rest for further date. Then went to see if there was any mallard down at the lake but none where present so i will save them for a later date too.

But it was a nice day spent and i cant wait to get back out!!

I spent the morning in the wood where i put a few birds up so me and the mates could have a bit of sport, Got down the woods for Elven this morning just for a bit of walked up shooting makes a change from the usual beating.

Managed to bag two brace Three hens and a cock bird left the rest for further date. Then went to see if there was any mallard down at the lake but none where present so i will save them for a later date too.

You got a shotty cert Lloyd?

Thinking of applying myself :hmm:

Guest little_lloyd

You got a shotty cert Lloyd?

Thinking of applying myself :hmm:

No im still waiting for it to arrive 8) I was out with my Grandad using his gun!! :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Beating is great fun and would reccomend it to anyone..

As long as you do as you are told on the beating line.

haha

But expect to be shouted at, at least once !

I beat on a large commercial Partridge/Pheasant Shoot.

Get paid £10-£20.

Hard work but very rewarding at the end of the day.

I do know of a "Professional Beater", who beats 6days a week !

Not much of a income he makes..

But good luck to him.

:D