Beating

Guest Leveller

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eye if your where on the dole house and council tax beening paid and you could get £40 a day cash you would be well off in my eyes doing 4 days

i think £25 is the limit... but thats £125 cash in hand, and a couple of brace a week... i've never heard of anymore than £25 being paid, is anyone paid anymore?

YIS

BB

Always fancied doing a bit of beating. A few mates used to go when we were in school, but I never got round to doing it. Would like to give it a go. Does anybody know where there are any shoots in the Pembrokeshire area?

nearlly all the shoots around here are 25 plus lunch , although one is 30 this year.... i know in yorkshire some shoots are 45 for the day.. it wont be long till its minimum wage, estates and lairds have been getting away with it for to long.... there was a guy down near perth that took the shoot he went on to court and won 700 notes as he said he was paid less than the minimum wage

• 2 weeks later...

If as Alimac says beaters start to demand a price the smaller shoots will disappear people will normally ask to join a line on your shoot & will be made aware of the days pay, nobody is forced to do it, but thats not to say beaters are not a valuable part of the shoot because they are & i myself love to join the beaters.If we are doing driven shoots the beaters get £20 for the day plus a bird each & lunch, i normally have around 15 days in the season if the beater attends 6 or more shoots he or she can attend the beaters free shoot day towards the end of the season, what i have found recently is that more people want to do walked up shoots with a couple of drives, but without beaters & pickers up there would be no shoots so they are worth every penny spent, & there is nothing better than being in the line having a good laugh in good company & watching the birds gliding over the tree line, long may it last :thumbs:

Edited by outshooting
If as Alimac says beaters start to demand a price the smaller shoots will disappear people will normally ask to join a line on your shoot & will be made aware of the days pay, nobody is forced to do it, but thats not to say beaters are not a valuable part of the shoot because they are & i myself love to join the beaters.If we are doing driven shoots the beaters get £20 for the day plus a bird each & lunch, i normally have around 15 days in the season if the beater attends 6 or more shoots he or she can attend the beaters free shoot day towards the end of the season, what i have found recently is that more people want to do walked up shoots with a couple of drives, but without beaters & pickers up there would be no shoots so they are worth every penny spent, & there is nothing better than being in the line having a good laugh in good company & watching the birds gliding over the tree line, long may it last :thumbs:

I was asked to pick up on a shoot today never been there before.usually on the shoots i work on I know the keepers or land owners and never get a penny but I do get pigeon shooting and places to train me dogs and one shoot me own rabbit pen.Today on this shoot I was told to take a couple of brace quite happy with that ..but feck me I got 30 quid ,and can I go again..All in all result

The Bag 119 phesent 16 partridge .18 Pigeon 8 woodcock [very big woodcock] 35 duck..not a bad day all in all :yes:

I was asked to pick up on a shoot today never been there before.usually on the shoots i work on I know the keepers or land owners and never get a penny but I do get pigeon shooting and places to train me dogs and one shoot me own rabbit pen.Today on this shoot I was told to take a couple of brace quite happy with that ..but feck me I got 30 quid ,and can I go again..All in all result

The Bag 119 phesent 16 partridge .18 Pigeon 8 woodcock [very big woodcock] 35 duck..not a bad day all in all :yes:

out to day picking up first ten birds dog was perfect on the whistle,lefts,rights,backs, then sent the lab for a bird out on the lake on his retreive, one of the guns shoot a bird the beaters put up droped the bird he had and f*****g ran straight in to the beaters line flushed about thirty f*****g birds that went ever where but over the guns totaley ignored the stop whistle.i nearly broke the whistle with me teeth.

as it was a wooded area i could not see the f****r,just the keeper going f*****g mentle. but calmed down after a while and we had a laugh about it while the lads were taking the piss ha ha but as it goes my dog this week some other poor bugger next week.all in all three brace of phesent home with me a great day even thou abit of a hick up but thats young dogs for you.