Anyone Know This Scum Bag

I know a few top spaniel guys three of which have won the championship . I wont mention any names but if you follow trials you would be familiar with them . I have watched them training dogs and can tell you that what you saw on that film is nothing , i am not condoning it , but these guys know what they are doing and some dogs are harder than others . I prefer soft dogs that you only have to raise your voice and they have rolled on their back , but thats cos im a softy and dont like to employ such methods . But if you have a hard going dog that is as stubborn and willfull , then you need to impose your will on it , or it will be lost to you . There are so many spaniel owners in the shooting field who the minute they take the lead off the dog is the other side of the field taking no notice of the owner . The guy on the vid went over the top for the offences the dog commited , so he was a bully . But when training a spaniel to a high standard you need to be on them , and if they put a foot wrong you must be straight there and bring them back in line , and ive seen it done by ear yanking and with a boot and a stick , whipped with a lead , you name it , it goes on and by the top trainers in the country .

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the older ive got the more ive come to realise violence makes up for lack of knowledge ,atb mc

Well mate if you think that's being hard on a dog then fair enough. I can 100% tell you there's many a field trial champion out there that's had that and much, much worse every day.

I didn't watch the video all the way through.   Seen his like way too often, a self opinionated,. . . . . bully.. . . . . with a far inflated sense of his own ability and worth.   That dog is not

Some people are successful despite their methods and not because of them. There are better ways to train a dog than with violence.

The guys im talking about dont beat up every dog they train , and a lot of dogs go through their hands , just the hard ones . There was a dog called Badger court moss a while ago who was an amazing hunting dog . His owner could not get him steady enough for the top flight . He went to a top trialer , and with his training methods got him under control . He had to be very firm with him . That dog won the championship and sired countless field trial champions . Im not saying that you have to be like the chap on the video with all spaniels , far from it . But there are dogs out there who shall we say need a firm hand .

• Like 1

Some people are successful despite their methods and not because of them. There are better ways to train a dog than with violence.

The guys im talking about dont beat up every dog they train , and a lot of dogs go through their hands , just the hard ones . There was a dog called Badger court moss a while ago who was an amazing hunting dog . His owner could not get him steady enough for the top flight . He went to a top trialer , and with his training methods got him under control . He had to be very firm with him . That dog won the championship and sired countless field trial champions . Im not saying that you have to be like the chap on the video with all spaniels , far from it . But there are dogs out there who shall we say need a firm hand .
Are you sure badgercourt moss won the championship?

I'd like to pick him by his ears , see if he likes it,but my arms wouldn't be able to stand the fat fooker.

Mine fekkin would!

you are scary as fcuk if you can pick him up by the ears ,sir.

• Like 1

Are you sure badgercourt moss won the championship?

Sorry i meant to say he was made up to a FTCH . But i did google it , shows what i know lol

I still cant believe this thread is still going on ....how many people who think that the lads methods were wrong have trained a gun dog to FTCH standards ?