Anyone Know This Scum Bag

Be interesting to see the standard of that dog. Bet it's good.

I bet it isn't .......
Do you know the dog??
I don't know the dog but I know dogs and by that dogs body language it ain't gonna make a field trial anything .......

Well mate if you think that's being hard on a dog then fair enough. I can

100% tell you there's many a field trial champion out there that's had that

and much, much worse every day.

and so can I and plenty others Lab, does that make this archaic shit acceptable? And at the end of your FT career looking back at it you want to live with it? It was commonplace, that dont make it right, ive seen marvellous ESS condemned because they weren't 'hard' enough, wonderful animals that couldn't take a hiding, mind neither could their trainers the fekkin inadequates. Lab if your playing Devils Advocate fair enough, if your saying its acceptable genuinely? You are wrong.

If your asking me if he was too hard on that dog is say no....do I know of people to hard on dogs then I'd say yes. All things to be done in moderation in training of a dog.

Have I picked my dog up, plonked it down in the seated position and smacked it's arse for not listening...yes. Do I have dogs that Shake and quiver at my ever move....no. Why? Because I know the difference between abuse and dog correcting.

When I take my dogs to shoots will anyone ever say "look at they useless dogs"....never. If I take them to a public park will anyone think I've not put the time into training my dogs. Never.

The other point raised to whether this dog would make a FTC is a non starter. You can't tell from that.

• Like 1

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the older ive got the more ive come to realise violence makes up for lack of knowledge ,atb mc

Well mate if you think that's being hard on a dog then fair enough. I can 100% tell you there's many a field trial champion out there that's had that and much, much worse every day.

I didn't watch the video all the way through.   Seen his like way too often, a self opinionated,. . . . . bully.. . . . . with a far inflated sense of his own ability and worth.   That dog is not

He was unnecessaryily hard, to me it was purely for the benefit of his 'training' video, try that old pony with your average Lurcher you would set it back weeks.The dogs that you've picked up and put back on their spot, you picked them up by their lugs? Even if you did would you then plaster it all over YouTube?

• Like 2

He was unnecessaryily hard, to me it was purely for the benefit of his 'training' video, try that old pony with your average Lurcher you would set it back weeks.The dogs that you've picked up and put back on their spot, you picked them up by their lugs? Even if you did would you then plaster it all over YouTube?

No your correct I wouldn't make a video off it. I don't pick them up by the lugs either. They'd be picked up by the scruff of the neck and sat back down.

Some 'old school' training techniques maybe don't go down to well nowadays. I'd imagine it's the same in the lurcher world.

No your correct I wouldn't make a video off it. I don't pick them up by the lugs either. They'd be picked up by the scruff of the neck and sat back down.

Some 'old school' training techniques maybe don't go down to well nowadays. I'd imagine it's

the same in the lurcher world.

Any world bud, no shortage of Idiots eh?

Some 'old school' training techniques maybe don't go down to well nowadays. I'd imagine it's

the same in the lurcher world.

Any world bud, no shortage of Idiots eh?

Aye, plenty.

• Like 1

Picking a dog up by the scruff and sitting it on its arse is a world away fro picking it up by its ears FFS .... A very good mate of mine is an A panel judge and has trained a fair few field trial champions and I can guarantee they weren't trained like that fat fukcer trains his .........

• Like 1

Turned the FFKR off after 30 seconds, could not stand it.

I`ve only ever had one dog lads 27 yrs ago and the travellers offered me a "kings ransom" for him, never ever would i sell him, now i am getting a GSP puppy in 8 weeks.

I can assure you i would not dream of making a hated idiot of myself like this, my pup (4th son) will be loved and respected and learn with love,care and attention, - this guy made me feel angry.My first dog Brett would have taken his hand(big style ) had he treated him like that.

atb

Edited by mark williams

It's not just the grabbing by the ears he hits it on the weakest part of it's back as well, totally out of order. If you google his name this video has done the rounds as it's a yr old

Edited by Philluk

Why dont some spaniel trainers or other gundog trainers give there opinions ?? to me its all men with running dogs that dont keep spaniels giving there thoughts it would be nice to know what the lads think that work and train and keep these dogs not the lads that dont, i dont agree with beating dogs and cruelty to them but in all fairness that dog never looked phased by how he corrected it and there was no malice from the bloke he didnt beat on it it was a correction maybe it looked harsh because we dont do it but we dont keep the same dogs

• Like 2

Wouldn't pick any dog up by the ears.

Most people commenting seem to be lurchermen, a spaniel is a different proposition from most running dogs.

Did the dog look distressed, ?, no.

That treatment whilst I do not condone it is nothing to what will be going on in kennels around the country.Top kennels at that.

Many Ftch and Ftw will have had similar training methods.

Anyone who can watch that clip and say the dog won't make the grade, I bow to your knowledge of all things canine.

• Like 1

correctly applied E collar ,pinch collar even a light tap from a whippy stick but I draw the line at pulling they dogs ears If I saw anyone of my picker ups or beaters chastise a dog like this man did they wouldn't step foot on the shoot again that being said I have a Birkenwald gsp pup here that would test the patient of a saint every lesson is hard gained and no amount of love,care and attention makes a wank of difference and by f**k I could swing for it some days but as we all know if you've got to the point of shouting or hitting the dog you've lost the battle

• Like 6

Most people commenting seem to be lurchermen, a spaniel is a different proposition from most running dogs.

That treatment whilst I do not condone it is nothing to what will be going on in kennels around the country.Top kennels at that.

Anyone who can watch that clip and say the dog won't make the grade, I bow to your knowledge of all things canine.

very true regards the 2 breeds, the temps are miles apart. Most lurchers have quite a sensitive temp, anything with running dog in its mix will be so, and put collie in the mix aswell you end up with very sensitive type dogs. You only got to look at them or harsh voice and they will go to pieces , never mind grab them by the ears lol. it was the main reason I went for a 1x gsd x grey, I wanted a dog more stronger mentally , and I still ended up with sensitive bugger lol . Most springer's ive seen on shoots are 100 times tougher mentally than any lucher ive ever owned , but still think he could have reprimanded by grabbing it by the scruff of the neck, and do it that way. :yes:

very true regards the 2 breeds, the temps are miles apart. Most lurchers have quite a sensitive temp, anything with running dog in its mix will be so, and put collie in the mix aswell you end up with very sensitive type dogs. You only got to look at them or harsh voice and they will go to pieces , never mind grab them by the ears lol. it was the main reason I went for a 1x gsd x grey, I wanted a dog more stronger mentally , and I still ended up with sensitive bugger lol . Most springer's ive seen on shoots are 100 times tougher mentally than any lucher ive ever owned , but still think he could have reprimanded by grabbing it by the scruff of the neck, and do it that way. :yes:

That dog never cowered or looked phased by how he corrected it maybe he treats other dogs differently as to how he corrects them by there temprement some spaniels can be sensitive some are not phased 1 bit and just get on with it,ive had hounds that could take a telling you can whip in and ive had hounds that sulk when there told or you crack a whip ive also had joe public shout at me for cracking a whip to stop or keep hounds in line obviously they know best which is what i am seeing from this thread and my point,the fella thats mentioned E collars and a whippy stick they can damage the wrong dog if used incorrectly and make them more sensitive and standoffish my whole point here folks is you have put a thread up hanging a bloke that to me does not deserve it if he has other videos with different temprement dogs and he uses the same correction technique loses his cool beats on the dog and screams at it and clearly shows he is ruining it fair do's he is a wanker hang him but like i said i cant see he deserves it especially of men that dont keep or train or work the same dogs or to the level that them dogs get to :thumbs:

• Like 2