Anyone Know This Scum Bag

spaniels are prone to ear problems , I thought every spaniel owner knew that.

It's nothing to do with picking them up by the ears though.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

the older ive got the more ive come to realise violence makes up for lack of knowledge ,atb mc

Well mate if you think that's being hard on a dog then fair enough. I can 100% tell you there's many a field trial champion out there that's had that and much, much worse every day.

I didn't watch the video all the way through.   Seen his like way too often, a self opinionated,. . . . . bully.. . . . . with a far inflated sense of his own ability and worth.   That dog is not

ok as a spaniel owner I will give my view, its like the electric collars, they and the owner who uses them for gun dogs should be banned but that's another story. there is absolutely no need for pain when training a spaniel, that dog in the video was a great dog was showing attention to the owner/trainer and looked keen and alert, you put it in the sit position and it moves go back to it take it by the collar and put it back where it was, and repeat the command if you do the training right and praise the dog when its good and growl when its bad they soon learn and you will have a happy dog, there is nothing better than stroking a dogs head and it doesn't close its eyes because it thinks your gonna hit it, whether it showed signs or not as he approached it the dog inside would be aware whats going on and had the training been done right from the start there would be no need for it. I can see he is moving on too fast, probably wants to get it done to make a quick buck, I did see someone kick a dog once he kicked my dog, as it was yapping by a fox hole like terriers do when they are tied up, so he kicked it, I went up to him and did the same thing to him but harder, im sure you would all do the same. Yes when I was in hunt service we were hard on hounds but you had to be that's a different dog, im not saying anyone who owns a staffy shouldn't be hard on it, again you have to be, but gun dogs they don't need it.

all training should be time based, start early, put loads in, do little and often, and take your time. if a dog does not sit and stay, don't move on to throwing dummies and wonder why the dog doesn't sit and stay and shout at it for doing so.

I don't see why you've used hounds and a staffie to compare. What you have mentioned are 2 breeds which i would say need less training than a working gundog. Yes there will be certain aspects of a hound that needs to be trained but when it's working it's on it's own with the pack and thinking for itself. Majority of staffies nowadays are pets and only training they need is to stop licking you and keep of the couch.

Of the three breeds you have mentioned the gundog is the one mostly suited to working alongside there owner. They must listen to commands, watch and do as they are trained too do. This is why dedication is needed to get a 'proper' working gundog.

why ive used hounds to compare? you dont teach a hound to hunt fox, you teach it not to hunt deer, hare, sheep etc, you have to have them knowing you mean it, you chase deer I will catch up with you and, (A) tell you off or (B) give you a crack with the whip. hounds chasing a deer you need to be able to stop them, if you cant have them disciplined and then they chase a dog then what, are they bothered? yes it hurts simples. I took over a pack of hounds and I was told not to walk them near deer they chase them, so every day I walked them past deer and any hound so much as looked at the deer my whipper in would give it a crack with the whip, in the end they were walking past deer looking the other way, and within weeks they were happy to wonder around near deer.

staffy: owner walking down road or in a field dog wants to chase after someone's dog, you shout at it and it ignores you, if it catches that dog and fights you need to be hard on it, but telling it off does not work with that breed, but if you let it go then what? what if it chases a child in the park, so you have to teach them a bit more respect.

Ok long time ago about( 40yrs) my first ess bought from a respected trainer who adviced me to be very hard on this dog to my shame I took his advice as gospel dont let it get away with owt so thats me expecting the trouble from every move this dog made and jumping on it straight away scruffing it for the least bit thing I did not slap or kick the dog but when out with others working their dogs I took note that they would aim a kick or slap the dog now and then and this became the norm and as a novice I was to thick to think for myself until one day I picked the dog up by the scruff and because the dog was now fully grown its own body weight and me lifting it caused the skin to form a large blood blister to the back of its neck .From that day on I will put a dog back in its place(as you often have to with spaniels) by pushing it by the shoulders or lifting it from under the jaw with both hands under its ears once the stay is learnt then I just growl to remind the dog of what I want it to do. (. As for my first ess a total waste of a good working dog spoiled by me but she lived out her life as our family pet .Not proud of my actions nor condoning harsh treatment but if pressure is applied at the right level and at the right time you end up with a happy owner and dog.

Mark William s you've only had 1 dog in 27 years and your away to take on a pointer .....if you think you are going to teach a head strong pointer to a decent level with out a bit of force then good luck .... I am not hard on my dogs apart from taking an interest in livestock and with some dogs they need to be severly chastised its all dependant on the dog.... the lad in the video done what he had to do and after doing so twice it seemed to work.....

I think he may be in for a shock with they gsp lol

• Like 1

ok as a spaniel owner I will give my view, its like the electric collars, they and the owner who uses them for gun dogs should be banned but that's another story. there is absolutely no need for pain when training a spaniel, that dog in the video was a great dog was showing attention to the owner/trainer and looked keen and alert, you put it in the sit position and it moves go back to it take it by the collar and put it back where it was, and repeat the command if you do the training right and praise the dog when its good and growl when its bad they soon learn and you will have a happy dog, there is nothing better than stroking a dogs head and it doesn't close its eyes because it thinks your gonna hit it, whether it showed signs or not as he approached it the dog inside would be aware whats going on and had the training been done right from the start there would be no need for it. I can see he is moving on too fast, probably wants to get it done to make a quick buck, I did see someone kick a dog once he kicked my dog, as it was yapping by a fox hole like terriers do when they are tied up, so he kicked it, I went up to him and did the same thing to him but harder, im sure you would all do the same. Yes when I was in hunt service we were hard on hounds but you had to be that's a different dog, im not saying anyone who owns a staffy shouldn't be hard on it, again you have to be, but gun dogs they don't need it.

all training should be time based, start early, put loads in, do little and often, and take your time. if a dog does not sit and stay, don't move on to throwing dummies and wonder why the dog doesn't sit and stay and shout at it for doing so.

I don't see why you've used hounds and a staffie to compare. What you have mentioned are 2 breeds which i would say need less training than a working gundog. Yes there will be certain aspects of a hound that needs to be trained but when it's working it's on it's own with the pack and thinking for itself. Majority of staffies nowadays are pets and only training they need is to stop licking you and keep of the couch.

Of the three breeds you have mentioned the gundog is the one mostly suited to working alongside there owner. They must listen to commands, watch and do as they are trained too do. This is why dedication is needed to get a 'proper' working gundog.

why ive used hounds to compare? you dont teach a hound to hunt fox, you teach it not to hunt deer, hare, sheep etc, you have to have them knowing you mean it, you chase deer I will catch up with you and, (A) tell you off or (B) give you a crack with the whip. hounds chasing a deer you need to be able to stop them, if you cant have them disciplined and then they chase a dog then what, are they bothered? yes it hurts simples. I took over a pack of hounds and I was told not to walk them near deer they chase them, so every day I walked them past deer and any hound so much as looked at the deer my whipper in would give it a crack with the whip, in the end they were walking past deer looking the other way, and within weeks they were happy to wonder around near deer.

staffy: owner walking down road or in a field dog wants to chase after someone's dog, you shout at it and it ignores you, if it catches that dog and fights you need to be hard on it, but telling it off does not work with that breed, but if you let it go then what? what if it chases a child in the park, so you have to teach them a bit more respect.

Yes you do need to put training in with hounds...sorry if you thought I ment they needed none. But the training you mentioned should be installed in a working gundog then. You wouldn't want them dropping a bird on retrieve to go chase a rabbit or a deer.?? The point I was getting at was after you have trained the dog for this the dog then has to use it's own braun( scent) to hunt for itself. Now a gundog also has to do this but in trailing there's a lot of trainer and dog working together so I think you have to instill a good working bond with your dog.

If you choose to not lay a finger on your dog I have no problem with that. If you choose to do what the guy did in the clip I also have no problem with that. When you start to beat the shit out of it till the dog is squealing and your left with a shy dog that's scared to walk beside you then that's when you need to take a look at yourself.

As for the staffie...all dogs should be trained to a standard where they 'must' return when instructed to do so. No dog should be allowed of a lead, especially in a public place, if you cannot control your dog. I'd fine anyone who couldnt control there dog in a public place if it was of the lead.

Everyone has their own form of training what works for me won't work for some, I love training my dog and he loves learning, we spend a lot of time rolling on the floor playing with me trying to bite him all in play and when he brings that retrieve back to me his tail is going because he wants to please and when I make a fuss of him he loves it, so when I'm annoyed because training isn't quite right he knows it. But there is no ear pulling or hitting needed, it's understanding his abilities

Everyone has their own form of training what works for me won't work for some, I love training my dog and he loves learning, we spend a lot of time rolling on the floor playing with me trying to bite him all in play and when he brings that retrieve back to me his tail is going because he wants to please and when I make a fuss of him he loves it, so when I'm annoyed because training isn't quite right he knows it. But there is no ear pulling or hitting needed, it's understanding his abilities

You spend a lot of time rolling on the floor trying to bite him .... You may want to seek professional help off a sex therapist :icon_eek: ...........

• Like 2

:hmm:C'mon now lads,...we are all hunting men on here,...and I doubt there are many who have not served a dog well,.if we genuinely felt that he deserved it.... :laugh:

I don't think anyone is naive or foolish enough not to realise that some dogs often need a wee bit of a chat....but that discussion is best concluded in private,..and not on the Internet..

I spend a fair bit of time around shooting men/Spaniel lads, etc and the general consensus, is that the public behaviour of this foolish film star, is akin to that of a school bully, and is embarrassing :yes:.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 1

Seen worse but carrying it back by its ears bit over the top seen them scruffed led back. Then a wag of the ear with a loud assertion of the command HUP patience is a virtue Eh. But i doupt few on here have trained many field trail champions or for that matter a Peg dog , rough shooting bushing gundogs are a world away but am just going to sit back and digest this one lol. And for the record ive never trained a gun dog in my life own them but train them no

Edited by gonetoearth

. FEEEEEEENNTON. FENTON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Que????

why ive used hounds to compare? you dont teach a hound to hunt fox, you teach it not to hunt deer, hare, sheep etc, you have to have them knowing you mean it, you chase deer I will catch up with you and, (A) tell you off or ( B) give you a crack with the whip. hounds chasing a deer you need to be able to stop them, if you cant have them disciplined and then they chase a dog then what, are they bothered? yes it hurts simples. I took over a pack of hounds and I was told not to walk them near deer they chase them, so every day I walked them past deer and any hound so much as looked at the deer my whipper in would give it a crack with the whip, in the end they were walking past deer looking the other way, and within weeks they were happy to wonder around near deer.

Que????

Its a video of an out of control dog chasing deer in a park and the owners running round after it shouting its name Fenton why he has wrote it i cant answer that 1 :laugh:

I didn't watch the video all the way through.

Seen his like way too often, a self opinionated,. . . . . bully.. . . . . with a far inflated sense of his own ability and worth.

That dog is not trained, and its unlikely to get there in his hands. And I have no idea why he is videoing himself acting in such a manner toward it?

Unfortunately the internet provides a forum for these kind of people. Easy for them to spout that shite in an empty field, to a camera.

Hopefully those who watch him can see just how much of a fat, fool he is.

I cannot stand a bully, be they a bully of other people or of animals.

• Like 6