Gypsy/old Poachers Style Catapult

went to yorkshire gamefair on a leave day from hospital (fair was absolutely shit by the way). i bought a length of the neo green squares from one of the stall holders (cocky b*****d by the way lol). only a fiver and there suppposed to last ages. then on one of the stick making stalls i spotted this for £15. the bloke said it was buffalo horn but its actually plastic, HDPE with the looks of it. so i went home and got my stuff together ready for going back to the hospital. so i tabbed and banded it up in the hospital to pass some time lol, even had to borrow the nurses scissors for the elastic, leather and thread. the tabs are from two identical supersure pouches and im really fond of this attatchment method. the catty is bob on for £20. gonna epoxy a pheasant pin on the front and cap the bottom with yew to finish it off once im out of this place

2014-05-25185401_zps7a52ba2e.jpg

2014-05-25185455_zpscf7362b6.jpg

cheers lads. the nurse looked at me gone out as if i was gonna use the scissors for something i shouldnt have haha. then she pissed herself when she saw what i wanted them for lol. hopefully be out monday and go shoot something with it. even if i do end up in a wheelchair ha

Looks like buffalo horn to me. Granted I have only a photo to go on and I may be wrong. But it looks like any BH I have used for sticks to me, heat treated, pressed then cut out and shaped.

One thing is for sure it will last a long time. Bit of T-cut and it will shine like a new shilling.

TC