Best Boots And Clothes For Out Digging

Tried most of the deerhunter stuff succumbing to their marketing over many a season and their defo not for me! they take no abuse....

solognac 500 v hunt jacket and trousers.... the whole jacket and trousers set up cost you around £150.... had this 2 years now and was the best money i ever spent gets some abuse and still looks brand new, not sweaty and 100% waterproof and a great fit it doesnt hang like a butchers apron! its swedish ( i think) and the swedes old saying.... theirs no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing!

Tried a lot of boots too..and your feet have to be 100% dry and warm if you going to stay out all day with great support round your feet and ankles for walking through all sorts...hopping fences...and most importantly a great sole so you can jump all over the tools all day and not feel a peep!

I found out chainsaw boots suit my work best, very snug and warm and well tested by loggers in very hazardous work areas..and these are the best ive found

Tremme Aqua stop chainsaw boot they cost around £160 posted. have these 2 years now too, still like brand new and these defo take everything i throw at them with ease....

Steel toecap and midsole

Anti-static leather insole

Anti-static, wear, oil, heat and slip resistant rubber 'Hiker' cemented soles

UK Sizes 4-13 (36-48)

Water Resistant full grain leather with 'Aquastop' membrane lining means these boots are waterproof

Conforms with EN 345-2 Class ....i dont know what your budget is but thats just 2 helpful suggestions i can give you after a lot of trial and error...

hope you find what suits tho... :thumbs:

see the solognac 500 coat there for £50 it looks the part

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

trackys and a nice pair of nike airmax just in case i have to do a runner

Tried most of the deerhunter stuff succumbing to their marketing over many a season and their defo not for me! they take no abuse.... solognac 500 v hunt jacket and trousers.... the whole jacket and

is them crieffs noisey known my luck balls would be hanging out them at the first fence

its a great coat hareydave! loadsa vents for when too warm good pockets for the barryvox and head torch and very neat fit....

Trousers are same too and great pockets aswell tobacco tin and the like... brambles dont even flinch coat nor trousers and dont have to hold the bag up when in tricky barbed wire ..... i hate camo gear when out pest controlling! im on permissioned ground working well within the law so dont have too look like im a walking tree...... :thumbs:

• Like 1

For the digging game....

Them army gortex kecks and jackets are good enough and cheap for the wet and mud on the outside. Though under the kecks i'd use a pair of workwear type, with the knee pads.

On top I'd use the Paramo reversible Trail Shirt. Super comfy, warm or cool it works and the best bit is, it really does wick away sweat, leaving you dry and warm no matter how long the day.

As for footwear, you won't better Fell Boots.

Though if it's wellies you also want, them Dunlop Purofort steel toe and undersole jobbies are fantastic. You wouldn't believe how tough yet comfy they are till you try 'em!

;)

In all fairness its a good topic this I've been serchin for the right clothin for some time nothing seems to stand up for me been threw 4 Paris of boots riped countless pants and coats Infact the only 2 bits of kit what haven't failed or needed replacing more than once is my barryvox and my dog must of spent 2500 on boots and clothes alone over the last few years

Wellies and ex army goretex (preferably olive rather than camo) over my clothes. If it's dry maybe a boiler suit instead of the goretex. That means you can quickly take the goretex or overalls off when you get back to the car and dump them in a black bag. Keeps the car clean and saves faffing about.

• Like 1

going back awhile since i was last out digging, but i used to swear by the Hoggs breamaster fell boots for me feet. would take some breaking in, but kept clean and dubbed they would last many a season. for trousers, i used to get the double skinned Norwegian army trousers from the surplus shop. don't think you can get em any more...

Yokel

• Like 1

is them crieffs noisey known my luck balls would be hanging out them at the first fence

I don't find them noisey mate and they are good on the barbed wire fence lol

Tried most of the deerhunter stuff succumbing to their marketing over many a season and their defo not for me! they take no abuse....

solognac 500 v hunt jacket and trousers.... the whole jacket and trousers set up cost you around £150.... had this 2 years now and was the best money i ever spent gets some abuse and still looks brand new, not sweaty and 100% waterproof and a great fit it doesnt hang like a butchers apron! its swedish ( i think) and the swedes old saying.... theirs no such thing as bad weather just bad clothing!

Tried a lot of boots too..and your feet have to be 100% dry and warm if you going to stay out all day with great support round your feet and ankles for walking through all sorts...hopping fences...and most importantly a great sole so you can jump all over the tools all day and not feel a peep!

I found out chainsaw boots suit my work best, very snug and warm and well tested by loggers in very hazardous work areas..and these are the best ive found

Tremme Aqua stop chainsaw boot they cost around £160 posted. have these 2 years now too, still like brand new and these defo take everything i throw at them with ease....

Steel toecap and midsole

Anti-static leather insole

Anti-static, wear, oil, heat and slip resistant rubber 'Hiker' cemented soles

UK Sizes 4-13 (36-48)

Water Resistant full grain leather with 'Aquastop' membrane lining means these boots are waterproof

Conforms with EN 345-2 Class ....i dont know what your budget is but thats just 2 helpful suggestions i can give you after a lot of trial and error...

hope you find what suits tho... :thumbs:

Thanks for that I'll take a look.

Thanks for the replies every1. I found all the brands claim 100% waterproof n all the other baffling talk about how they keep you dry and usually after a short while they seem to fail. I'll look into all the suggestions put up and see what suits best. Thanks again for the advice.

Boots, trousers etc. are all a matter of choice and opinion but one thing IMO that's a must for every terrierman is a pocket with a zip on it.

Whether it's on his pants, fleece or jacket but ask any lad who's backfilled on his car keys or mobile phone and he'll agree with me.

• Like 1

Boots, trousers etc. are all a matter of choice and opinion but one thing IMO that's a must for every terrierman is a pocket with a zip on it.

Whether it's on his pants, fleece or jacket but ask any lad who's backfilled on his car keys or mobile phone and he'll agree with me.

Or locater :whistling::toast:

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

its a great coat hareydave! loadsa vents for when too warm good pockets for the barryvox and head torch and very neat fit....

Trousers are same too and great pockets aswell tobacco tin and the like... brambles dont even flinch coat nor trousers and dont have to hold the bag up when in tricky barbed wire ..... i hate camo gear when out pest controlling! im on permissioned ground working well within the law so dont have too look like im a walking tree...... :thumbs:

Alright stop.end. Are yiu still using this jacket. Was looking at it there on line and was thinking about making a purchase