New Moderator

Hi all

I've been looking at two new moderators for my new anschutz 1517 22lr

One is a a-tec cmm4

The other wildcat wisper

I can't make my mind up which one i want just seeing if any of you have used or own them what you think of them what you would go for???

Thanks

Whisper is a very well made piece of kit, I had one on an 17HMR that I no longer

own, and being an 'over-barrel' style adds little to the rifle's length.

Fully strippable with 'O' rings, all steel construction, basically a 'proper'

design done correctly with the right materials.

That said as a moderator a £35.00 SAK is just as good!

You 'pays yer money' as they say.

If you have an Anschutz with a short barrel, make sure that there is enough barrel sticking out beyond the stock if you are thinking of getting an over barrel type moderator.

I use a DM80 on mine and I am very happy with it. As Mega Hunter says, there is not much difference between any of the moderators as far as noise reduction is concerned and SAK is as good as any.

As above, spend what you like but performance wise there is very little in it, especially if you are talking sub sonic ammo.

So, up to you, I have no need to spend anything more than a SAK costs! :thumbs:

As mentioned above there is not a lot of barrel poking out of the stock, so an overbarrel mod might need to be of custom dimensions. I know Dave Mercer will do one to fit if given the dimensions.I have an ultra end can on mine, looks slick as it nearly matches the profile of the barrel, but its a pig to clean and I have to say not the quietest.

Thanks for your replys I've owned three saks before for the money can't get better nosie reduction but build quality is okay

Wildcat does fit on the end of a Annie with 14 barrel with 9 mm to spare and looks spot on but not as quite as a Atec cmm4, wildcat has more of a ting sound to it

I've herd them both side by side atec is so quite more than a sak and the build quality is second to none but such a small mod, not much thicker than the barrel width it's self puts me off a bit

Always wanted a dm80 but don't know where you can get one from anyone know??

Thanks

Edited by Jkm