From 10m I'd say I hit my 3" target 90% of the time, I done a vid earlier but can't seem to get it to upload to photobucket! Anybody got any suggestions? I've tried trimming the length of the vid but still no joy :-:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This?  

That's good going, had a few young rabbits recently for work but hardly had time to do anything hence putting the range in the workshop as that's where i spend all my time at the moment! I find phases

I'm surprised so few people have replied to this   So far we have;   Me - 3" target at 10 yards 75% of the time   Youcanthide - 3" target at 10 yards 99% of the time   BPR / scheme sport - I

I don't get much shooting in except on my days off an i go for walks in the hills er river bottoms with my dogs an i plink at random targets as i walk along been using thera tubes for some time now but am going to switch to dankung tubes soon as i have some 2050 that i've never rigged up yet i'm not much of a shot at all right now although i enjoy shooting catty's at lot i have'nt much hunting experience with them since i was a youth about 40 er more years ago although i've been shooting off an on for about three er four years lately ,i still mostly grab a fire arm if i am going to hunt for the table as thats what i grew up with since i've practically been walking ,i guess a big reason that i got started again was to have a silent weapon to shoot forrest grouse with during our elk season so i wouldnt possibly spook out the big critters with my win mag ,,also i have the lumber to build a good catch box just have to get on it then i'm going to pratice in earnest ,also the catty opens up many more areas to hunt :yes: that fire arms just aren't much of an option :whistling: an most times now i just pack my catty's an some ammo when i go to the hills with my dogs where befor it was a pistol or rifle that i plinked with ,even though i don't like to get far back in the hills with out a fire arm as we have quite a few dangerous predators about out here but the catty will get most of the use .

I'm surprised so few people have replied to this :huh:

So far we have;

Me - 3" target at 10 yards 75% of the time

Youcanthide - 3" target at 10 yards 99% of the time

BPR / scheme sport - I don't know exactly but looks like 1" target at 10 yards 100% of the time (show off ;))

Ruggers - up for a challenge! Tell us where you're at now?

I've seen Ocset shoot and he's pretty good too

I don't really know where I'm going with this, was just thinking there's more topics about making them than shooting them so thought I'd ask. So far I'm the worst which is reassuring lol

i get 6 to 7 out of ten at the moment but not in the middle of the target sometimes i do but most its around the centre lol so now in the shite one

I dont really shoot at 3" targets. Im shooting half a shottie cartridge on string at 8yd, Gonna lengthen my garden range today. If I can hit it 3 out of 5 Im doing alright. All 5 are really close, but close dont fill the bag.

Does anyone else not close an eye when sighting? This could be my problem, I dont really "aim" I think this is to do with using a catty heavily when fishing, its not natural to me to close an eye when firing out bait, so I dont do it full stop. I sort of just visualize where I want to put it and fire.

• Like 1

From 10m I'd say I hit my 3" target 90% of the time, I done a vid earlier but can't seem to get it to upload to photobucket! Anybody got any suggestions? I've tried trimming the length of the vid but still no joy :-:

photobucket can be a pain for up loading vids although i have no problem with pictures,open a u tube account very easy to do and simple to up load vids to :thumbs:

in answer to the origonal post i think a 3 inch target at 10 yards is fine.

although i,ve been using a catty for a long time i can only say that my accuracy is average on a good day.

end of a coke can at 30 feet.

but in reality it you are hunting a catty excells at quick opportunist shots at close range at small targets.

i used to focus on seeing how far away i could hit a target but found that when a close range huntng shot presented itself i would miss.

not that i,m saying there is no merit to being able to hit long range targets its just how i,ve found things for myself.

so for me its good to use small targets at close range.

another thing about accuracy that has been previously mentioned is that you need regular practice and also you have good and bad days.

i found out by accident on one of those days when i couldn,t hit anything that using a different catty which uses a different style of shooting cured my problem on that day.

so now i take 2 different catties and do a few practice shots with both and the one i,m best with on that day is the one i use.

• Like 1